Getting bumped from the site

Hi, Each time last night, when I previewed two messages, the messages were lost, and I had to log in again and re-do the messages. Then each was posted. Just now, after I pre-viewed a complex message, I got an "expired page" alert and, again, found myself out on the cyberspace sidewalk. 1) Is this a problem new to the site? Other than members copying every message before Previewing it, what steps are being taken to address the problem? 2) Is there a way to alert the writer, before expulsion, that the time is almost up? Exasperatedly, Painter PS. Am skipping the Preview!

Take a chance.

I surely don't want to come across as a complainer, but someone needs to alert the management about these problems that they may be unaware of. Another one: I clicked on FAQ just now and got a "can't find this page" notice. Same thing last night. My question: recently I changed the name I use here for posts. How do I remove my old name from this site's registry? I can't find any Delete function. Anyone know? Painter

Take a chance.

I surely don't want to come across as a complainer, but someone needs to alert the management about these problems that they may be unaware of.

Another one: I clicked on FAQ just now and got a "can't find this page" notice.

Same thing last night.

I don't know why the faq was gone.. But it's back again. Thanks for the tip.

My question: recently I changed the name I use here for posts. How do I remove my old name from this site's registry? I can't find any Delete function. Anyone know?

Painter

Log in to the old account and write me a PM from there. I'll delete the account only when I receive the PM from the to-be-deleted account.

As for the session timeout. Session time is 2 hours. If you need longer to write your message, you could copy-paste the msg-text or write the message in an offline editor and paste it in the forum editor when it's ready. Making the sessiontimeouts even longer is not really an option.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler