DIY: Make your own shoes

Shafted

This didn't seem to fit into the shoe rapiars and modifications forum so I posted it here. For those of you that have some unique shoe designs in your head that you would rather have on your feet, check out this website http://www.marywalesloomis.com/index.htm This lady has a wonderful book on making your own high heel shoes, which I have. I found it on Amazon.com The only change I would make from her method is to use a thicker innersole and nailing the heels. The only special equipment required is a regular sewing machine. Hope I did the link right.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Technically speaking, we've had the capability to scan an individual's foot, measuring not only the shape, but also certain support parameters (average deflection of various parts of one's footbed under various loads, for example) and translate that into a computer-made shoe that would fit like a glove. This will happen, by the way, just as one company whose line of power accessories (available through Radio Shack) works with all lines of electronics (same power supply, different tips), there will arise a shoe intermediary (probably Zappos) who will develop an accurate way to measure one's feet and store those measurements for both searching and eventually, making shoes to order by means of some sort of "vari-last." Whoever does this will make a fortune!

Technically speaking, we've had the capability to scan an individual's foot, measuring not only the shape, but also certain support parameters (average deflection of various parts of one's footbed under various loads, for example) and translate that into a computer-made shoe that would fit like a glove.

This will happen, by the way, just as one company whose line of power accessories (available through Radio Shack) works with all lines of electronics (same power supply, different tips), there will arise a shoe intermediary (probably Zappos) who will develop an accurate way to measure one's feet and store those measurements for both searching and eventually, making shoes to order by means of some sort of "vari-last."

Whoever does this will make a fortune!

It is also quite impossible to produce a variable last because the size parameters don't just relate to the width and length but also the placement of other features too such as the vamp location point, the hinge the pitch, the cone and the length of the comb. I would like to try though!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.