Sara Evans and her shoes

e

I've seen the Sara Evans music video on the CMT channel several times. I'm NOT a country-music fan, but I must say pretty girl, pretty song, pretty shoes. What do you think of her shoes? I'd love to find a pair for the wife...

• 3 weeks later...

What a dreadful website! The flash download fills the whole screen obliterating browser buttons, takes ages to load, and is difficult to get rid off. Sarah looks pretty good though, but I didn't get as far as the video. It's a shame her webmasters had to wreck the site with such graphics intensive initial downloads.

get with the times firefox, most new sites are aimed at the broadband user...dunno how things are in the UK, but here in north america (well canada at least) most people have gotten rid of crappy 56k in favour of broadband, shit...i maybe only know 2 or 3 people that still have 56k, i havent used dialup in almost 4 years myself :smile:

Terayon, the problem is that the companies here and abroad tend to view the UK as something of a joke. Everywhere else gets the technology first because they want the business, while in UK it's seems that they are trying to tie us all down. The biggest culprits of this are British Telecom (BT) and NTL (US firm based in New York). Both are in debt and both don't want to push on the expenditure of upgrading the systems if there is likely to be heavy competition. Subsequently, prices are high and V90 56k dialup services provided by these two are getting poorer. Most people would rather have no internet than pay the stupid rates currently been offered. So they'll all wait until the price comes down to a similar scale to dialup. Until then some of us will stay with dialup, however shit it may be, because it is cheap and, in some cases, free! Mine doesn't cost me a penny. Why should I pay £40 a month just to access the info I need which is not traffic intensive. I have no need to download a movie every day, so I'll live with what I have. Anyway, back to Topic! I found the site mildly interesting (despite my slow connection). I can't say that I enjoyed the song much, however, Sara was quite nice to look at. Nice shoes! Pity we can't see a great deal of them!

Actually Terayon, when designing websites, you look at the lowest to average users not the ones with the fastest connections and if you do design a bandwidth heavy site you give a skip option for those with slower connections so therefore a full screen zero option download is poor design.

I'm in a similar situation to Francis. We can get broadband if we want but why should we get ripped of for it? I pay next to nothing for my connection. I'd say the percentage of people in the UK and Europe with broadband is in single figures so designing for it regardless is unprofessional.

yea, then again i guess american and european webmasters do design their sites differently, and that is an american site... btw, how much would broadband cost you? my 5mbit/1.5mbit cable with unlimited traffic and static ip costs me $40/month here....i must be very spoiled :smile: how much would cable/dsl cost in europe?

I too went to the website and thought it crappy in the extreme. I gave up when nothing seemed to be happening. I detest these sites with flash, where there is no option to ignore it. I read somewhere that a well designed website needs to be able to get the user to where they want to get to within 12 secs. This one failed, and I'm still no wiser about sara evans and her shoes. BTW I'm on the same service as Firefox (NTL)56k dial-up - though I've never seen it running at 56k. 49k seems to be the maximum.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I manage to get 52000bps on mine :smile: must be my modem NTL have been door-to-door recently offering broadband for reduced prices. £14.99 for a 128k down/128k up connection £27.99 for a 512k down/128k up connection £49.99 for a 1M down/512k up connection These are monthly rates £50 connection fee, although I suppose the 128k comes in favourably against standard 56k freecall schemes on offer, but I'd still prefer the 512k/256k currently been offered by BT for the same price as NTL's 512/128.