New Boots For Christmas

badger

I was just wondering who is buying new boots for Christmas. I have bought two pair for my wife. One dark grey pairand one burgundy pair. Both are knee boots with a side zip and a 3" heel (not stiletto and not block heel, something inbetween). They are from Nine West (Enola, I think) I will also buy a new pair of black knee boots for me. They will have a 3" block heel and a side zip. Should be fun under the tree. Tammi

Everyone should wear boots!

I ordered a pair of custom western boots from Western Ranch and they should arrive before Xmas. This was a gift to myself. 18" tall with 3" heel. Also, I was out shopping yesterday and happened by a pair of just below the knee boots with a 4"block heel and slight platform of 3/4 inch. I couldn't pass them up. I wasn't shopping for myself but just had to by them. Another Xmas present to myself...Wearing them right now and they fit great... Jim

Jimnj3:-) Both pairs of boots sound just scrumtious. At least when you get your own Christmas presents, you know that it is just what you want, it will fit right, and no returns after the holiday are neccessary. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have bought several pair of boots recently. In no particular order: A few months back I got some 4.25 inch semi-chunky-heel River Island ankle boots that have a functional zip down both sides of the leg. They were about a fiver. I have worn these out a bit, but the heel angle is just a little too high for my right ankle to bear for a long time. More recently I picked up a similar pair (branded "Select", and made of PU, not leather this time, and were about ten quid, looked brand new) with the one regular zip. I'll alternate the wearing with the River Island ones. These came from a "dress agency" that I plucked up courage to enter. I bought some stuff there many years ago under a previous owner. I bought a marvellous pair of band new and unworn, black Faith 4.5 inch blade heel boots, with a squared off toe (Model: "spooky"), in a charity shop for ten quid. I have worn them under jeans several times, and they are really quite comfortable. Most people just don't notice them. I even had to point them out specifically when talking to the owner of another shop when I said that I was wearing heels, and she said she would never have noticed unless I had said. In a closing down sale, of a teens fashion shop, I got some very pointy toed zip-up knee boots with a 4.5 inch metal heel. Yummy! They zip up at the back. These were branded "Spot on" I think. I tried about 10 different pairs, and several sizes, of boots on in that shop, before deciding which to buy. For the ones I bought, the assistant bemoaned the fact that her calves were too wide to zip them up all the way, so she had not bought them. Luckily no-one else came in that shop in the whole time I was there. They have another branch in an adjacent city that is still open; they'll be getting a visit in the January sales methinks. More recently I got a pair of 4 inch black J-Lo boots (branded "Spot on"), brand new for 7 quid in a sale. These are low calf length, and lace up, but have a leg section that is folded over which if you unfold it makes them almost knee length, lacing up all the way. I didn't try those in the store, but had noted a few weeks ago that a size 6 was too small on a quick try on. The store was busy on the repeat visit, so I just asked an assistant for a size 7 as I could not see any. Luckily there was one pair, brand new, boxed, unopened, in the stock room. I paid for those and went on my way. A few days later I also bought a pair of very shiny black patent, zip-up, knee boots from the same shop. They have a 5.5 inch heel and 0.75 inch platform. These are sort-of "stripper boots" but very very cheap in the sale as they were the last pair. I tried those on in a quiet corner first, and no-one noticed. They are branded "Miss X". I tried on some 4.5 inch heel pointy-toe boots in another well-known high-street shoe-store chain, a few weeks ago. They had an inside zip and outside decorative silver poppers. The heel was thin with a stacked effect, and they felt quite high. The young manager couldn't help enough, fetching several pairs out from the stockroom -- I take a half-size but they only did full sizes. She said they looked great. She couldn't believe it herself; as those boots were too narrow for her. I joked with her that I'd scare her customers off (the shop was empty at the time, it was already dark, the streets not so busy, and only about half hour away from closing time), and she told me that she had several regular male customers who buy heels. I bought the boots, as they fitted OK and were the last pair at half price in the sale. In another "fashion shoe" store I tried on a pair of 5 inch steel-heel patent pointy-toe boots, with decorative zips. The store is staffed by young assistants, so I approached it by saying it was for a Rocky Horror Party. They only had boots in the size above and below mine, so I tried the size above. Just as the assistant came out with the bright pink box with them in, two ladies came into the shop but stayed at the far end. By the time I had got one boot on, they were stood behind me and took a moment or two to spot what I was doing. They both laughed out loud, in fact very loudly. Undaunted, I put the other one on, and zipped it up. I thought "I'll show you!" The assistant immediately wanted to know "how do they feel?" and challenged me to stand up with both on. This I did, and the two ladies now started to tell me that I'll soon discover how hard girls work to look good. The assistant wanted me to see how they looked, and directed me to the mirror half way down the shop. I think I shocked them all with a perfect walk, though I played up for the first couple of steps saying that it was quite difficult. Another shopper right by the front door was trying on some shoes helped by the other assistant, and the assistant there pointed me out to her customer, and she too looked shocked, and grinned at me. Sadly the boots were too big, but the shop assistant said the right size could be got from another local branch - who'll be getting a visit quite soon methinks! This shoe buying thing is easy! Go in. Tell them what you want, or just browse the selections if it is open racks with samples to try on. Show them the colour of your money, and just go for it. Most high street shops have had not had a good few months of selling recently, any sale is useful to them.

Jo:-) I think you have the first prize for getting the most pairs of boots of anybody on the board for Christmas. I liked the way you described them all and it made me wish that I had them all in my boot collection. I like boots the best of all. Enjoy them all as much as possible. More power to you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I haven't bought any boots just for Christmas, but I have bought a lot of boots this month. - low heel, blue leather pull-on boots from Chadwicks. $30 and very comfortable. They looked great with jeans at work yesterday. - 2 pairs of riding boots coming from Chadwicks, one pair black, the other brown - 3 pairs of black ankle boots for the wife in stretch suede or fake suede - 1 pair of knee-high brown suede boots for the wife. 2.5 inch slim heel - 1 pair of calf-high black leather boots for the wife. About a 1.5 inch heel - 1 pair of 2.5 inch block heel Aerosoles boots for me. Black, knee high Seems like I've left some out, but that is the take so far. Oh, yeah, a pair of lovely riding boots from Nordstroms, but they were too small so I had to send them back.

Corsair:-) That is quite a collection of boots that both you and your wife bought in one month. It seems that you both like the lower heel heights as that group of boots only goes up to 2.5" in height. Cheers--- Dawn HH