1. 1. What will you wear this fall?

• I'm going whole hog - poncho, skirts, and heels
    • Poncho and heels
    • Poncho and skirts
    • Poncho only
    • Skirts and heels
    • Skirts only
    • Heels only
    • Jacket, pants, and flats - I took a wrong turn on the Internet!

When did it become acceptable to trash fashion trends when they're just coming out of the gate? Yet that's what's happening these days, where any fashion trend is considered "unfashionable."

Consider the inimitable poncho: http://slate.msn.com/id/2108192/

If women find it easy, warm, comfortable, why shouldn't they were it? Why should they be hounded when they choose, en masse, to do something right for a change?

Or was it really their choice? Perhaps it was merely the recent resurgence of the poncho in the supply chains that cause a resurgence on the streets...

If that's the case, consider what would happen if shoe stores caught on to the "heels for men" trend and made fashionable, comfortable heels readily available on the men's aisles in men's sizes... Given the results of numerous surveys which show that upwards of 30% of all men have routinely tried on or worn heels at some point in their lives, and that one fifth of them would wear them if they were fashionably acceptable...

Wouldn't their presence on the store shelves constitute some form of endorsement of acceptance from the fashion industry? Of course it would - just as having an entire section devoted to ponchos in Macy's tells women, "it's ok - by one - they're in style, or they wouldn't be displayed like this."

Now, consider Clint Eastwood, the man who made the poncho acceptable fashion wear.

That's right - Clint Eastwood.

Even though ponchos have been around since the Mayan empire, it was Eastwood's cool, poncho-wearing antics in 1973's "High Plains Drifter" that resulted in a slew of poncho spin-offs, everything from real ponchos to stylish shawls to NFL team-logo-ed vinyl rain slicks.

Yet once again, we find a great element of fashion that was begun by a man (they're only worn by men in South America) and relegated "strictly" to the world of women!

This crap has GOT to stop...

Ok, men - the time has come to walk the streets wearing your poncho, skirt, and heels! And a very stylish combination it makes, especially in longer versions this time of year...

Yes,Yes,Yes!!... I like the look Gene, infact I like it a lot and it should suit you well. Those items are both simple and stylish in the same breath and look dead set easy to wear. I enjoy dark boots cuts and tops that aren't too busy and those look great! Clothes that don't require a lot of fuss are me 90% of the time and what you have shown is very typical of what I like to wear! :D All I need to do when I want to tart things up abit, is to put on a jacket and I'm good for most things. (Easy peazy!) As far as boots go, I wear square or snipped toed boots (with 4" heels) but have a pair of Via Spiga's with an almond toe and wore these a lot during this years fall/winter. No earrings tho and no makeup either, but I did do points from time to time. :wink: One of my bee hives has swarmed already so we're pushing well into Spring down here and my heavier clothes are being relegated to the back of the closet.These and are being replaced with items that are considerably lighter in colour and wieght, but I still don't have much that’s suitable for the warmer months. This I suppose will have to change or I will be caught short for something nice to wear just when I need it the most. Please do continue to post your vibrant ideas and thoughts on fashion Gene as I enjoy what you and the other members have to say on the matter. Altho I have my own unique style of dress I am always open to new looks and different ways of doing things. (truth be known, I probably need all the help I can get.) :-? rock on jim