source for "genuine" white, stretch boots?

dressboots

I purged my small collection (three pairs) of knee boots years ago. The greatest casualty of that mistake was a pair of vintage mid to late 1970's white, stretch knee boots with side zipper. This was the style with the crinkle patent material and hard black rubber soles. The white boots I miss the most. I also dumped my first boot that I wore pubicly. Wrongly thought in so doing I could change my taste in foot wear. Anyway - onward. I often see them referred to as GOGO boots but that style to me is more specifically the short, white boot from the1960's, but I include it here for calrification. Many of the styles I see labeled as such are not even close to the 1970's fashion. Does anyone have experience with the recent versions of this boot on the market? reccommendations? I have purchased a couple different styles, only to find that they are not accurate to the style I so foolishly threw away. One was the "Nancy" majorette boot, which was stiff and cheap, though advertised as what I was looking for. The other turned out to be one of those cheap Chinese imports that was far from the original, "Pleasers" brand I believe.

classic style high heel boots

I don't know where one could locate the type of vynil stretch boots that you describe. I had some of those in the late 70's myself. I believe that the brand was from "Hush Puppies." I swear!! I had a pair of them in Silver, Navy, and of course Red. I liked the Navy ones the best though....I don't know of anyone making these boots now days. As I recall, I think they sold for about $20 -25 US back in the good old 70's. And they had about a 2 inch tapered block heel which matched the color of the boot. Extremely comfy, and sexy as they clung to the shape of your ankle and foot! But, I wore wooden clogs mostly then, and still do. Stilettoguy

stilettoguy: Thanks for the reply! I agree wholeheartly with your analysis of comfort, style and sexiness. Only ever had the white. I did not find red in my size 12M It would seem by the number of listings for gogo boots I see on places like ebay, that a manufacturer might start making them again. The style seems to be a perrenial favorite. I think virtually every maker had some version of that boot. Mine were from the Marsha Hill catalog. "My brain nearly fell out" when I first saw them in that catalog (about 1976) and they carried my size! Until then, it was size 10 the largest stocked, too small for me. The Marsha Hill catalog was like a dream come true for me as they stocked an unbelieveable selection in large size women's shoes and boots, every thing from frumpy winter wear to very slim high heels. I always looked forward to that catalog arriving.

classic style high heel boots