Am I an addict?

Anne_Louise

Back in the early spring I had to attend a function, and the only shoes that really suited the outfit I was wearing had 41/2" heels. 'So what?' you might say! Well, I usually wear 51/2" and sometimes higher and those lower shoes felt wrong. They are a beautiful classic stiletto, pointed toe, black patent with gold applique on the sides, very elegant by any standards. Apart from the purely physical 'falling backwards' feeling, I had for quite a while, before the events of the evening took over, a distinctly sick sensation, rather as I imagine someone has who is coming off drugs or alcohol, and that seemed to confirm what I had suspected for a long time, that I am addicted to heels. Surely I can't be alone in this, or am I just being fanciful? Strangely, if I am walking in hiking boots, or just at home in my lower heels, there isn't a problem, though it's rare that I don't feed my addiction by being in heels for at least a part of most days, and if I have to be in low shoes for more than a day I do feel deprived. I should love to hear of any other similar experiences; at least it might make me feel a little less peculiar about my desperation for the ultimate 'fix', 7" heels (or higher?!). Love, Anne Louise

Sure you're not alone. I do also wear heels all day long. Even when exercising at the gym (which is a lot of fun) I'm longing for the time after when I can get out of my trainers and back on my heels. There's something about flats that doesn't feel right to me anymore... CU! -Mike