Variety makes the world great!

dressboots

I observe that virtually everyone likes to "people watch" at some point if not frequently. What a boring time it would be if everyone dressed the same. It takes an attitude of not being afraid to be a focus of attention, to be out there, to dress as you want; in this case to wear the heel height of your choice. Those people with you have to also want to be bold or not mind the attention one who is, may attract. Shoes are often a fashion choice the people notice first and comment/compliment on at least for guys in my experience, as male fashions are pretty "cookie cutter" and what I wear. People who critisize another's choice of footwear maybe 1. narrow minded 2. afraid of the unknown 3. jealous of another's bravory to be different. Am sure this list can go on but don't want this to turn into a rant. If they noticed, they were people watching. My bottom line is that I love seeing variety in the world and people are included. I prize those people who march to the beat of that different drummer. Years ago I wore femine heels a lot, in public, so know what it is like to attract attention (or garner none at other times). I gradually withdrew from those public fashion choices. Finding this forum has let me know that I am not the only man with this fashion sense. Reading other member comments and stories is an inspiration. If I were to stare when I see "you" street heeling it is not because I disapprove but because I really wish I was there with you in your bravory to be different, and who you are. I don't mean to be rude but hope to work up the courage again to be one of those people, like you, who make the world an interesting place.

classic style high heel boots

Dressboots:-) I agree with what you say in your post, but dont be afraid to put on a pair of boot-cut girls jeans and a nice pair of knee-boots and go out and street-heel. You have done it before evidently, so what seems to be the problem? Come on---if I can do it---so can you. Step outside the door, close it , and don't look back for a while. Enjoy and have fun. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

dawnHH: Thanks for the encouragement. You are correct. No one I have remained in contact with since my street heeling days even recalls it. So what is to be afraid of? My wife is the "stumbling" point here. She is not ready to be out there fashion wise, though wishes she could be. She does not like heels for herself, but is impressed that I do so well in them. It is a gradual process that I will address gently out of respect to her. I had stopped street heeling by the time I met her. She does not mind my heeled boots but is reluctant to go along with it outside of the house at this point, aside from very unisex styled women's winter and equestrian boots, but that is a start. I added "equestrian" styled boots to my occasional street wear last year (see the Nordstrom web site for the Sudini equestrian boot in size 12, they stock). I have heard that soft taps (maybe read it here at this site) can be put on the heels to reduce the feminine clicking of walking. I may look into that as the sound I think is most unerving to her even if I were to wear them under long pants, to cover the heels and boot shaft.

classic style high heel boots