Elmer Batters

Paul (North-East)

Posted Image

I was wondering how many of you are familiar with the photographic work of Elmer Batters ?

For those of you who have never heard of him, he was a glamour photographer, primarily in the 50's and 60's who specialized in ladies legs and stockings, usually with a nice pair of stilettos. Although some of his work involved nudes, the model was always posed to show the legs and feet to the greatest advantage.

He was the first person to actually do this sort of photography which was a brave move for the era.

He was fascinated by stocking clad feet with high arches and his photos often had the model dangling her shoe to show this to the best effect.

I was searching for some examples of his work to show you, but only managed to find this book cover. In fact I own two of his books and I believe there are 3 or 4 available. I can strongly recomend them to anybody who has a penchant for shoe dangling etc.

I remember a website a couple of years ago that had a tribute to his work but am unable to find it now.

Paul.

Yes, I'm a fan of his myself. He used to run the Leg Show magazine that, I believe, Hustler has taken over. I have a few issues, including one with the writer Lily Burana showing off her clothes closet. I swear, I don't believe I've ever seen such an example of erotic NON-nudity in my life! Just looking at her in several outfits was hot and steamy enough for me!

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam