Getting acceptance and going out story

bob2hh

Altough this topic has been addressed a number of times, I would like to add my little contribution to these key topics. Since it concerns men and women, and both opinions are relevant, I feel this is the best place to put it. Please apologize me if this topic had been addressed before, feel free to move it to the relevant thread if the administrators found it made better sense elsewhere.

Let me share with you the story on how I managed to get my wife accepting me going out in heels.

I got the following clogs on a Friday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On that very evening, when showing them to my wife under long pants, I was telling her how comfortable they were. She gave them a try, and when I took them back to me. I realized she liked them, so I suggested “what about going out in them?. We could perhaps find the same model in your size”. She told me that it was OK to her as long as we would not go to places where we could meet people who could not understand it (e.g. her parents). She agreed again that they were definitely nice and comfortable.

So I went out with her in the clogs that weekend, going to the mall, to walk by the seaside, to the cinema, to bars and restaurants, with absolutely no negative reaction at all. Pity was that we did not find any shop with the same model for her!

Taking into account that when seated the heel was completely visible, this reassured me that as long as the overall outfit is not too outrageous nobody cares.

Thinking over it, I believe that the naturality in which I expressed I was feeling comfortable in them was the key for her acceptance. She was simply expressing that it was fine to her to let me wear something I liked and I found comfortable, which was no especially outrageous at all, and hardly visible for others.

But the really interesting point happened a few days later: She confessed that her fears of being seen with me in heels were exaggerated, that even if we had met some elder relatives this was not so much an issue as she could have expected, that nowadays everybody dresses as they wish and it is no big deal at all.

Conclusion: Get into letting her accept it, even if she puts some restrictions at first. Time, honesty and naturality will take care of breaking them down.

If this could help any of you I would be very glad to hear.

good post Bob, and I like those shoes too, that's on good thing on this forum, you get to see lots of styles, and I wouldn't have looked twice at those till now, they do look good. Congratulations on getting acceptance from your wife, too, even if you didn't get her a matching pair.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Dear shyguy, I believe you mention out a good point: these shoes are not especially fancy, sexy, spectacular or especial at all. Sure most of us have much higher and fancier heels. But these "modest" heels made something possible which otherwise in other most "extreme" designs would have been impossible, or at least much more difficult. It turns out that sometimes LESS is MORE.