New Shoes

exitman1

Hi again.

To all that have been following my heel exploits since i first got the courage to go out in them... Thanks.

As you know from my recent post my girlfriend bout me a pair of very femine heels for a night out, I have since given those to her and to thank me she bought me some new shoes today.

here they are, what do you think.

Posted Image

with trousers

Posted Image

as you can see the platform type shoe,although it was not billed as a platform makes it look like a mans shoe from the front. It is start of me going higher, they have a four inch heel. So what do you think.

As all the shoes were going cheap I placed an order for faiths sabrina

http://www.faith.co.uk/catalogue/style.asp?range=s&style=885825&CurPage=1&strSearch=sabrina

would you wear this style because I heard of this board that it is fairly popular amost you guys. If you do wear it what reactions do you get if any. I would imagine the heel makes a noise rather similar to that of a stilletto - would this be true.

So hope you can give me some opinions, feedback and do you think these are suitable shoes for my casual heel wearing as I now like my girlfriend only wear flats when the situation means I definately cannot wear heels. As my only obstacle is hiding them from my parents until I can get a atrategy together for telling them. I was thinking if my girlfriend maybe bought me a pair of low heels for a birthday etc and said to my folks that it is just part of a new style - as my girlfriend thinks that ear rings are more suspect than heel wearing.

Very cool shoes your GF bought for you! Lucky you. I really have to check the site you mentioned, I'm more than willing to order similar pair. Damn, I just red you post again, you didn't order those from Faith :D

Hi, the boots look great, I am somwhat fustrated having taken some time today trying to find a nice pair of boots in a size 9, I notice that the boots you have there are a faith size 9 or 42, I thought 9 was a 43? could you tell us if they are a big sized 42 or more like a 41 or size 8? I know that others have gone through the size thing before, but how doe hese boots measure up? I would appreciate your help.

The angels have the phonebox.

no my GF bought me the platform style boots in a sale as thanks for wearing the shoes I showed in my pervious post (shoe shopping and shoe sizing). Plus, I ordered the sabrina boot from Faith on friday, but they are getting back to me on monday to sort out some final details as I am getting them delivered to a local Faith stockists as opposed to the house incase I parents open them. I wore the platform style shoes after I bought them for the rest of athe day and I got no stares etc. However I think I did get one look about the boots I got at christmas (see wearing ankle boots in the UK) because I walked past two girls while I was on my own and one of them looked back so I think they may have saw them, no laughing when on however. But i cant wait to get the faith boots as I heard they were good, has anyone ever wore them out.... just to build my excitement.

Hi! I am one of the "Sabrina" wearers that you mention. I have a pair in black and a pair in beige. The heel is a solid metal blade heel about 3/4" wide, 3/8" from front to back and 4 1/2" high. It is a FANTASTIC style. The heel is louder than most stilettos, which is quite exciting. They run about one half-size small, so their 8 is about a ladies' 7 1/2UK and their 9 is about an 8 1/2UK. I take a size 9 so I had to do massive stretching of their "size 9" (largest made) over several days to make it fit my size 9 foot. I wore my black pair to the late-autumn Birmingham Heel-Meet, and again recently when Firefox visited my in Bristol and we ate at a very enjoyable Thai restaurant. No reaction from those in the restaurant! I've seen many girls around Bristol wearing their smaller size Sabrinas - a very popular boot, and quite rightly. Exitman - I think your new black boots are great, and you will find the "Sabrinas" even more exciting! I'm impressed having followed you very rapid progress from meek almost-flatties to getting into serious heels! Well done! Good luck, and let us know how you get on! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks for your info heelfan. The website does not give any indications of heel height etc apart from to say that they are high (by the way I also ordered them in black), so 4 1/2 inches that is indeed high, as I thought my new four inchers were high. So I now cant wait hopefully have them by next monday as I have to phone head office to sort out some final details. So they are noisy so this will be a good test of reactions but as I am getting used to walking in heels it will not look out of place and the noise should blend in rightly on a busy street, especially as the girls all wear heels now as they seem to be very fashionable at the minute. So im very excited and I will let you know what happens when I get them and my day out in them.

That's right Daz! Wearers will really notice that extra 1/2" a lot. But there is another factor too: The "Sabrina" heel is set right back on the boot, coming down vertically from the very back of the boot. This is the total opposite of my new "Deb" and "Blower" boot styles from River Island. The latter pairs also also 4 1/2" but the thin Louie heels are very underslung. Set-back heels hit the ground a lot earlier in the pace than underslungheels, therefore sort of "getting in the way" of your stride. Therefore they feel hugely higher than the underslung ones. Thus, although both 4 1/2", my Sabrina boots feel vastly higher than my two styles of River Island boots. Incidentally, if any of you want to check out the two River Island styles, they run large, as opposed to Faith which run small. Amazingly, those River Island's size 8 fit my size 9 foot! Which do I prefer? Sabrina, Deb or Blower? Answer: They're all equally GREAT! Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Ordinarily, wearing a pair of feminine heels isn't my thing. But my wife pointed out these on Zappos, and the reduced price ($29). I normally wear an 11, but I've a narrow foot, and if wearing a shoe without a heel, especially one made of nice leather, I can usually fit into a 10.

So, she bought me a pair.

I've been wearing them around the house the past couple of nights in my usual floor-length flared (gored) bottom jeans skirt (courtesy of Western Wear - extremely comfortable). The heels are comfortable, too, and sort of fun to wear, but it's still not my thing. My wife loves the way they look on me so much, though, she just bought her own pair, and promises to wear them out while I stick to my more conservative ankle boot (at left).

Posted Image