shopping experience

Terry

I have been reading the posts for a while, but never had much to say. But today I had a nice experience while shopping. Firstly, I like to wear different heels (I'm a guy), usually block heels, three or four inches high. I never try to hide them with my pants; the hem goes down only to about the top of the heels. Last time I was out (at a shopping mall) I wore a pair of zip up ankle boots, half inch sole and four and a half inch block heel, about an inch wide. Got a few smiles, a few stares, some excited sales girls waving at their friends to come look. But back to today, I was at a store (Le Chateau: they cater to a late teens, early twenties male and female crowd) and bought a pair of shoes that look like athletic shoes, black, round toe, but with a thin three inch heel. The four sales girls loved them, they said they look great (and I had already paid, so they weren't trying to humour me). They couldn't stop looking at me with them on, walking in them. Even a customer, an early twenties girl, said they were great. Her boyfriend seemed very interested as well. I guess with five women saying how good I looked, he didn't have to put on a macho negative attitude. So, anyone nervous about shopping, I suggest they go were there is a younger sales staff. It's not a guarantee of acceptance, but they seem to be more liberal.

Yes, a very good posting Terry. I agree that younger sales staff, and especially the girls, seem to be not only much more liberal and accepting than the older generation, but at times positively enthusiastic when a guy comes in for high heels. As my wife says (when I return home and show her my latest aquisitions), we are entering more and more into an age where "Anything goes!". Because of this, in the last few years, I've veered from being a bit embarrassed about approaching shoe salesgirls to now really loving the experience every time! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I have had this kind of enthusiastic responses from younder sales girls. You will find that they often are shoe fanatics with enormous collections themselves. Don't count older sales staff out though. They can be very helpful and accepting, but tend to act in a more reserved and professional way.