My story

Ok then, lets think how far back this spanned... A nunber of years ago, I was in the local C and A shop with my mum. She was looking for some flats as casual wear since her other flats where getting abit rough around the edges so to speak. Anyhow, I'd seen some really interesting shoes that I know now where 4.5 inch spike heels with a 1/4 inch platform and were strapy too which I found rather arousing to say the least. About 3 months after that we were staying with a friend of my fathers since we'd been into the church thing for a long time (since he joined the Army in 70 something) and her daughter came back for a week with a holiday from the college. When I saw her she was a very attractive girl (ok ok she was 19 and I was 9...but damn she was nice) and she sported a pair of platform boots which I really wished I'd tryed to have a go of, but father would never approove, these where a 5 inch heel with an 1 inch sole and where black leather to the ankle. I just took one look and thought damn they're interesting but to this day I wished i'd tryed them on. A few years later, 12 or 13, I was flicking through a Gratton catalogue looking for HIFI equipment and a few other bits, after a while I started looking through the front section of the book...seeing the usual womens clothing, bra's and knickers etc and wondered into the footwear section. After looking through the different styles I found a great pair of platform shoes, these where an open toe mule with ankle strap, 4.5 inch heel and a 1 inch platform. I would have 20 mins every so often in the day to myself that I'd just look at them and think about how they'd feel to be on my feet and to walk around...that was untill one day my father caught me with the catalogue and well lets just say he wasn't chuffed about it but said he wouldn't tell mum about it, of course he thought I was looking at the girls wearig the bra's...oh how narrow minded he was. Now at the age of 14 we'd moved into a new house in the same town (the one I still currently reside in) and we'd got ourselves an old computer rigged up, 486 DX4-100 unit, 32 MB RAM and it was slloowww. We browsed the internet with it, as you do, and I'd started thinking...those shoes I looked at were rather exotic...hmmm...*started typing = exotic footware* and a result for Lady Studio shoes comes up...selected the link and my mind was filled with what can only be described as ecstasy. After a major run in when father, being an IT guy, pulled up the history of sites visited, he should have known I was fibbing because I told him it was a pop-up I clicked on by accident but didn't stay long enough to view the site...he baught it (lucky for me). In college in 2001 I got abit more savvy about how the computers memory system worked so while at home I could cover my tracks with what I was doing so my father would never find out, I got to know this from doing the GNVQ ICT Foundation course and proceeding to the intermediate course and now on the Advanced section. But I'd still go surfing finding new sites time and again that I liked the look of. At that same time mum had got herself a pair of 3 inch open toe mules which still don't get much wearing in, and I'd taken a shine to them. At that time they where going over to our friends house every saturday for a night out...leaving me t'do what the hell I liked. 5 mins after they'd left I'd be up the stairs and into mum and fathers room to the heels. One time I was caught because I'd forgotten to put them back, hell I was crapping myself that night and father told me that people who liked fotwear of feet where known as foot fetishes and were not nice people....BULLSHIT I thought. A year or two after that, I was 17, My father said that he and mum where divorcing, and then the floodgates opened. a week after he told us he had left the area and now lives in Swindon with his girlfriend. I was also at that time I really started to go to town with the goth stuff. and I'd started wearing the makeup to go along with. Christmas 2002 we spent with my granny on my mums side to keep me and mum sane during that time. After we'd got back I'd amounted enough money I was thinking about a pair of Newrock boots. At the time I was into building my own computers and customizing the cases (and I still do) but I opted for the newrocks since I knew footwear could keep my feet protected and a computer couldn't. Well about 2 weeks after that my mate and I traveled upto Durham to a shop called Scorpio. On arrival at the shop we both went in and I homed in on them straight away...they where abit bigger than I thought they were, 1 inch sole and 2.5 inch heel, but for what they were I though I best get them anyway. Got them back to my house and discovered that I needed 3 layers of thick socks to wear them with....which was no problem really, I'm an 9 or 10 in males bit got an 11 boot so what the hell...I've stil got them and still wear them most of the time. this last month (December 2003) my other goth mate got an idea about doing a cross-dress goth thing, which with being broad minded I had no problem with, and he showed me the boots he'd got for it. I took one look, and he said I could try them on if I wanted to, which I did. Getting used to a 4 inch stiletto with no platform was quite fun. I asked him where he got them and he told me they came from shoezone and were £15. a week later I got a pair of them in a size 7, and they fit perfectly. So there you have it, how I got into high heels from the very beginning and I know from what I've seen of FF's site I'm not the only one who started that way either.

We are what we are, let nothing stand in our way in what we do

• 1 month later...

Youngwolf:-) I am very interested in reading as many stories as I can find of how people on this board got started wearing high heels, and as you say---Hell, yours was one of the most interesting. Keep heeling and keep posting and welcome to the board. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!