Can I post avi from a movie?

yahl74

I was wondering if I could post an avi from a movie here? I am scared of copy right violations? For those who are wondering, this is from my favorite heels movie---Single White Female. Those who haven't seen it must see it. The heels play an important role in the movie, so unlink many other films, you see real closeups of them several times. I have about 6 divx format avi's from it. I would liek to post at least one. This clip is 1.5 MB and is in full screen format captured using MPlayer on Linux.

This is a complicated topic. The law may vary depend on the country you live. Normally, an extract of a movie, if not used for a buisness purpose, you can make it available only if you specify the title, source and the copyright (owner of the movie of course). while displaying it. But I'm not totally sure of this! :( If you really want to know, if suggest you the read the law about this. I've some movie and want to extract some part too. If I'm totally use of that, I'll put them available, but actually...I dunno :( dimp

hhds : Putting copyright materials on your website could force you to close your website (by autorities menaces) and/or having problem with the justice. You put many efforts to create, build and maintain your website, creating videos and it's normal that you don't want to shut down your website. So, I can understand your point of view :( To return in the main subject, putting high heels extracts videos on a peer to peer network or putting the video on a server (hosting) is really unsafe. Actually, all movies companies fights against piracy in any kind of way. So, my point of view about this is : don't post movie :( (In my case, I'm working in the movie/video industries and I totally understand the point). I know is frustrating that you'll be not able to share the extract, but its better like this! Sorry :( dimp