Walking home at night in my wedges and sandals

Slingfan

I thought I'd share are story about one of my own heeling experiences from a few months ago. I'd been out all night at a nightclub and was walking home at around 3am. I'd driven my car to near the club and had left it in a carpark. Anyway, I had a pair of 4 inch black patent peep toe slingback wedges with a cork heel and a pair of Havaianas Fit (the ones where the straps inside the big toe morphs around the foot into a backstrap) in my car. I also had a pair of shorts in the car, which I changed into. There was no one around so I slipped into the wedges and pulled my straps up, took my Havaianas in my other hand and began to walk home. The problem was I couldn't keep up my left strap. My wedges were a little bit big for me and the strap only had elastic in the back and my feet slid forward and my toes came out the rather large peep toe slightly. The shoes slapped quite a bit even with the straps up so when I lost my strap my heels thudded into my soles loudly, echoing in the quiet night. I decided to keep my backstrap up as much as possible as the noise might alert someone and I didn't want to be seen walking around the streets in a shirt, shorts and heels! However, every 10 steps I'd lose my left strap. Then ever so slightly I was losing my right strap. The more times I pulled them up the looser they seemed to get. Now i love slipping slings but my slapping was making so much noise dogs were barking as I went past houses and I feared being caught, although that made it more exciting! After pulling up both my straps, but mainly my left, for the umpteenth time I decided to leave them down. I walked about 500 metres with both straps under my heels until I had to cross a main road. I then took off my wedges and slipped into my Havaianas sandals. My backstraps on my wedges were squashed down in a u-shape on the footbed after all that walking. After 50 metres of walking in my falt flip flop sandals my left strap began to slip too! However, the soft rubber footbed didn't generate much of a slap and I happily walked along with one strap up and one down. When I crossed the main road I had to wait on a traffic island in the middle as some cars were driving past. From the left if anyone looked at me it would seem as if I just had a pair of black flip flops on becuase at night the backstrap under my heel wouldn't be visable. But, a couple of cars came from the right, the side I had my back to and if looking would have seen my right foot with the backstrap up! By the time I got home I'd lost my right strap too and now flopped along as if Iwas wearing backless flip flops. It was certainly a rush to walk around with heels and then sandals on, particularly with the danger that my slapping could cause attention!