The Secret in Their Eyes

Hi all!

Although being a very good Spanish policial movie with a criminal investigation more or less like 'csi', this movie has some of the most interesting and well written dialogs I've ever seen.

I'm sorry; its not about high heels...

In a particular part of the movie, one of the characters says the following phrase:

"People can change everything in their lives; face, house, family, girlfriend, religion and even god.

But there is one thing you cant change.

You cant change your passion!"

This phrase hit very deep into my soul, chilled my spine and left me breathless in the end.

Try to change your passion for heels......try to change it to something else; I dare you.

I tried sooo hard to change my passion for something more 'acceptable', fought in my heart against it everyday, but in the end I lost the battle only to make this felling stronger.

Im glad to have lost that battle ages ago, I now finally understand that you can not define a man for the shoes he wears, or for the size of his heels; but for the size of his heart.

Btw: the movie is awesome, worth watching.

hugs.:smile:

Just looked it up on IMBD, good write up good reviews also quoting Passion In Spanish with English subtitles. I wonder how much of the true feeling is lost in the translation and subtitling. We like the crime thrillers so it may get found for future viewing, and I certainly like the phrase. Thank you Al