my (male, 30) path to becoming a high-heel enthusiast

Hi there... I've only come upon this site today, and I do enjoy it thus far. To share a bit about my history with high-heels, I guess I would say it stemmed from an appreciation of hosiery since my teens. I enjoyed the look of it on women, and in a few years I actually started going out to buy my own. The interest has been largely sexual in nature, but I do have some non-sexual appreciation in wearing them as well. I wondered about wearing high heels, but never did. It was not a huge thing for me. I've been in relationship with my wife for 1.5 years, and married for 5 months. Leading up to our wedding, we really became candid about our sexual interests. At that point I told her that I'd love to try heels in our adventures, and she readily accepted. I bought my first pair shortly thereafter (black patent 4" pumps, confidently tried on and bought in the store, with other customers around). I wear them with hosiery around the house, and my wife loves it. I guess I have a fleeting desire to wear them outside and even as an everyday item, and I wouldn't be shy to do so. I'll probably keep that on the backburner for now as I don't want to test the flexibility of my wife's perception (and of others around me) too quickly.

Welcome to High Heel Place. You are going to fit in quite well at this friendly website. It is also great that you have a wife that is understanding of your interest in high heels. Hope to hear more from you soon and welcome again.

prast welcome aboard! The fact that you've already told your wife (and she's approving definitely makes things a lot easier. In terms of,

I guess I have a fleeting desire to wear them outside and even as an everyday item, and I wouldn't be shy to do so. I'll probably keep that on the backburner for now as I don't want to test the flexibility of my wife's perception (and of others around me) too quickly.

A great compromise might be to wear a pair of ankle boots under a longer pair of pants or jeans (you can do a search for 'Giddy' to find some of my postings on this). 'Heeling' dressed like this, practically no one would know you're wearing heels (including perhaps your wife). It's not that you're shy about wearing heels outside, or that you want to hide this from your wife. Rather, it's a great way to allow you to wear 'heels' out in public, yet not having to make your wife (or others) deal with your eccentricity.

If/when your wife is comfortable with you wearing this, then you can start to expand the envelope, with higher heels, perhaps more feminine heels (pumps, sandals), and wearing pants where you may not be as concerned about conceiling them.