Trying to find vintage shoes

Banus

Hi Everyone, I collect Vintage 70's and 80's shoes and have done for years now. I am trying to locate some shoes that a friend had around the mid to late 80's but I cannot think of the make. They wern't Bally but were maybe of a similar style. They were white with black sparkly bits around the heel if i remember correctly. I think they were a 4-5 " heel. I borrowed them a few times and I loved them and I remember them being comfortable as they were real leather. if anyone remembers any makes of shoe or has the remotest clue what Im talking about then let me know, I think it was a 2 word make i.e jimmy choo e.t.c Oh and anyone who has any vintage heels for sale then let me know, at the moment I am after high heel pumps and elegent sandals. I have quite a lot of 3 and 4 inch heels already so looking for over 4", in a size 3 4 or 5. A lot of these shoes i don't really wear they are mainly for collection purposes. maybe one day ill open a little shoe gallery lol. Thanks

^ 'Evebanus' - I'm a HUGE fan of Vintage heels too, and collect them from the 80's as well as 60's and 70's. It sounds like they could either be 'Pierre Cardin' heels, which were sold through the Saxone chain (whatever happened to them?).....or 'Russell & Bromley'....or even 'Gina' of London. I have a gorgeous pair of 'Gina' heels in black and white patent leather and they sound very similar.

Apart from that...I can't think of any other 2 word label that would have been around then. All the other good fashion brands - like Bally, Shelly's - had single word names......excepting 'Freeman Hardy Willis' of course!

Thing is...if they were a European brand they would only have been sold in selected shops to begin with.

I have some photos of my 'Gina' heels, if that might help....

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Thanks, altho it wasn't any of them. Its not a well known brand as I have most of the makes already. I found it out about 6 years ago and now I have forgotten what it was. may have even been a foreign brand. I want them more for the memory, I wish i could remember now what the name was. Altho I doubt I'll find them.

Thanks, altho it wasn't any of them. Its not a well known brand as I have most of the makes already. I found it out about 6 years ago and now I have forgotten what it was. may have even been a foreign brand. I want them more for the memory, I wish i could remember now what the name was. Altho I doubt I'll find them.

Keep looking....you'll find them eventually.

The thing is, in the 70's and 80's, most High Street chains stocked shoes of far higher quality than nowadays. It wasn't unusual to find all leather heels - from Spain, Brazil, Yugoslavia and of course, Italy - on the shelves. These days it's mainly Chinese made shoes...and of course the introduction of PU leather (plastic, basically) - killed off a lot of quality shoe manufacturers.

I remember going on holiday to Portugal in 1988...and both me and my husband came home with a suitcase full of beautiful hand-made leather shoes......which were incredibly cheap too.

I go to a local Retro shop for a lot of my Vintage heels....and his stock of '80's boots is always sheer delight to browse through - the styles were so much more classy then....and more sexy too.

In general, shoe designs these days are just so ugly.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"