My friends strappy sandal 'Slaptacular' show at the races

Slingfan

Hi all, I was going to the races the other day with a group of friends and was lucky to witness a bit of a slingback show from one of my friends. All the boys dressed up in our suits and the girls in their dresses, hats and heels. Most of the girls had pumps or strappy ankle tie heels on, such is the style at the moment. But one of my friends had on, to accompany a silvery dress she was wearing, a pair of silver 5 inch strappy slingback sandals which looked pretty much exactly like the Nine West Accolia style that was hugely popular here a few years back. This shoe has a strap over the toes, a strap running up the outside of the foot, attaching to the backstrap and forming a t, with the backstrap twisting around the side strap and around to the inside of the heel. They have a buckle on them. Well, I noticed her shoes straight away as we met up outside the gate of the races. I knew she'd had them for at least 3 or 4 years and I knew she'd worn them to bits. She looked like she'd tied the buckle up as tight as it could go and had even punched in extra holes in the strap. She was standing front on to me when I first saw her so I couldn't quite get a view of the state of her backstraps, but my excitement build when she leant down to her leg, which she'd raised up behind her, and slid her right strap higher up on her heel. I like a punt on the horses but I thought 'wow , it may be difficult to concentrate on the races with those heels to look at all day!' We shuffled through the turnstiles, my eyes flickering down to catch my friends heels ever so slightly slapping. My excitement built as I saw the straps slide a bit lower on the inside of her heels with every step. Walking through the crowd, the noise was pretty loud but after I while I could hear a fait slap over the noise of the crowd. Intentionally letting a few of the girls go through ahead of me I looked down and saw my friends silver slings in disarray! Her right strap was mashed under her heel and her left strap had slid down under her heel on the inside of her ankle and was barely clinging onto the outside of her heel. We ran into a bit of a logjam of people and had to stop before we could get through. She took the chance to lift both her straps, pretty much right in front of me and almost kicking me in the knee when she flicked her leg up behind her. 'Oops, sorry...' she said 'these shoes are so worn out, but they go with my outfit!' she giggled. I laughed, barely containing my excitement! Throughout the day her straps kept falling and for at least the first half of the day she kept raising her straps. After a few drinks and about half a day of continually fixing her wayward straps she gave up. Thats when things got 'slaptacular' haha! The only thing keeping her feet in the heel when she walked was the one strap over the toes. With one strap holding her feet into the shoes they flung up and banged the soles of her feet with every step, the 5 inch heel and the bottom of the shoe flying up at a rapid rate to make the most amazing slapping noise ever! She continually turned heads all day long, both men and women gazing at her bare sandals that now flailing and bobbled around with every step. Se didn't miss a beat though, walking as confidently as if her feet were tied in tightly with ankle ties, she'd obviously got quite a bit of practice in! Later on that night, at a bar after the races she still click clacked and slapped around in her loose slings. Sitting down she dangled her heel, flopping it back and forth against her heel. They sure made holding a conversation around her a bit hard as her shoes were a major distraction! I couldn't believe the amount of looks she got, especially from men admiring her legs and heels!

Hey slingfan ...... I recently attended a race day at Salisbury Racecourse , I thought people dress up for these occasions so I wore a fab dress seamed stockings and my favourite Karen Millen sling backs ... to my astonishment everyone else was in scruffy shorts and t-shirts so I looked a bit out of place but got loads of looks from the fellas !! hehehe Kisses Linda xxx

Wow, I thought everyone would be dressed up too! They definately glam it up over here! If yo don't mind me asking, how'd you go in your slingbacks that day, were you able to keep them up in stockings? Cheers, Slingfan