High Heeled Goddess Field Report

Laurieheels

I know, I used to post in the Ultra Heels, but this is different... so it belongs here, I would say.

Well, this is random, no plans for weekly entries. It is about being inspired to post something.

Why?

Because something incredible happened.

Walmart had something for my feet that was worth buying.

For those of you familiar with Walmart, you will know that it sells many lower priced items, and if you don't know about it, someone will offer up a comparisson for a store like it where you live, I am sure.

But I may have seen something special, or some mistake by someone.

Walmart was selling sandals with a four inch stiletto heel.

I was in Edmonton for the weekend, dropping off a bunch of my clothes and some of my belongings. As it was Father's Day today, yesterday found myself taking the little one out shopping.

We were at Walmart to pick up a few things for Chris as gifts.

*Goddess Flashback*

Last weekend, my sisters and I, along with a very close family friend, went camping. Four girls, out in the wilderness of B.C. Well, it was a campground of sorts. The only sandals I had to wear were black open toed mules with a two inch thicker blade heel. They are quite dirty after being used around the campsite.

I was called princess, I was asked where my tiara was, but it didn't matter, I looked good and I had fun.

*Fade back to the present*

So there I am, my little nine year old step daughter with me, and we went to look for shoes. I needed something to replace the pair that were dirtied up and are starting to get too old.

Now, we did find an adorable pair of sandals for her. NO, they do not have a heel, but she is off to a great start of learning the feminine art of shoe appreciation. And she looks adorable in them.

Once I had her try on a few different sizes, we picked the ones that fit best and I decided to search for my replacements. Well, shoes change from season to season everywhere, and Walmart is no exception.

The heels on this style of mules were now about three inches, and very close to looking like a stiletto heel. This in iteself is impressive, as there seems to be a fashion trend out there and WALMART of all places is bringing in stock to match it.

And then, I saw them. Marked for clearance from Spring stock, shoes that looked like they belonged in a typical mall shoe store. They were a Walmart brand, but they did not look it.

I was impressed. White strappy sandals with rounded stiletto heel. The straps even have several silver flower ornaments on them. I took one shoe and placed it on the carpet, comparing it to the height of my favoured black patent sandals with the clear heel I had worn to go shopping.

The height was the same.

Shock and disblief struck me, as I had found stiletto heels in Walmart. Four inch stiletto heels.

What should a Goddess, or any girl do in such a situation? With the approval of an excited nine year old, I decided to buy these white wonders, along with the replacement black mules, and decided it was a wondrous shoe event.

Not only am I teaching a little girl how important it is to find nice shoes that she can wear, I am finding things I can wear.

Naturally, she insisted she wear her cute new demin-look sandals right away, and I had to change into my white stiletto sandals at her insistence. We both wore our new footwear to do our grocery shopping, as today being Father's Day, we were planning on making a special breakfast and a special lunch for Chris.

*Okay, both meals involved bacon, which may not be super special, but he loves bacon, so it was a nice gesture for him.*

If anyone tells you that the trend for stiletto heels is not growing, laugh at that person. If Walmart can carry it, and has all sorts of heel designs that are pencil thin regardless of low or high, then something is changing in the fashion world, towards something our apparent minority would enjoy.

And it never hurts to take one's step daughter shopping for shoes. :wink: I for one had a lot of fun, and it is especially wonderful to see the look of excitement in a young girl's eyes when you tell her that she can have those sandals she likes.

That's the field report, and while there will not be a set schedule for posting them, I may be convinced to write more in the future, as things go along. Who knows....

Hi Laurie, many thx for your report!, it was really nice to read that you've had some shopping fun again and it's really also good to hear that Walmart starts dto sell intersting shoes :D best wishes Joak :wink:

Great report Laurie,It's really neat the way you have bonded with your step daughter, taken her under your wing, and are showing her the "high heel ropes" Stilleto's sure are the flavour of the moment, and down here can be found in abundance, even in the cheap chain stores. Long may the style remain popular! jim

In general, bonding with a step child is hard to do, yes. But for a weird person like myself, and a weird child like she is (in a good way) it somehow has been quite easy. We have fun together, and I think that is where it starts. But it is not about spending money, no, I am not paying for material objects to spoil her. All I pay is attention. Talk, ask questions, things like that. Colour together, go out and play tag, go to the park, blow bubbles.. and then the teaching, lecturing, and other aspects are not viewed in such a harsh light. It takes work, but for me, I love every moment of it!

In general, bonding with a step child is hard to do, yes.

But for a weird person like myself, and a weird child like she is (in a good way) it somehow has been quite easy. We have fun together, and I think that is where it starts. But it is not about spending money, no, I am not paying for material objects to spoil her.

All I pay is attention. Talk, ask questions, things like that. Colour together, go out and play tag, go to the park, blow bubbles.. and then the teaching, lecturing, and other aspects are not viewed in such a harsh light.

It takes work, but for me, I love every moment of it!

Sounds like what I do with my little one! Of course, being with children is hard work, but it's so amazingly rewarding that it's well worth it. I love every moment with my child, and I wouldn't change any of it.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"