Disabled women

iulia

Hi My name is Iulia and I have a birth defect.My left leg is shorter and paralised.I love to wear high heel on to my right leg with crutches but just at my home.I m afraid to wear outside because I think this will be unusual.So what do you think?Please tell me your opinion.

lilia, I am an above the knee amputee and love my HH. I normally wear a 5"HH, but do wear up to 7" with a 1" platform. Do people look at me, yes, but I don't care. The men love to see me crutching in a HH. If you want to wear HH outside, go for it. Franie

Hi thank you very much for your answer.My left leg dangling when I walk with crutches and high heel,I m not able to manage,usualy I wear a buildup shoe with brace but my walk is very hard

Hello I have many buildup shoes for my short leg,but I wear only whith a complete leg brace.The sole are a kind of wedge with 25 cm at heel and 15cm platform and if I want to wear high heel I must ordered an buildup much higher.It s very hard to walk for me with this kind of shoe because I don t feel nothing with my short leg.I try at home walking just with crutches and I feel better but I am afraid to walk for the moment outside.I like very much cork wedge or wood wedge are more stable so I practice.The problem is how I said the dangling of my short ,probably I will tie with a strap to the healty leg to see how it s working. Thank you very much for your answer and keep in touch

iulia, I think I now understand what you are saying. Even if your built up shoe with a leg brace matched the high heel and you used crutches, your short leg would still dangle and you would not have control. In other words you couldn't control your short leg and swing it through your crutches.