Will she accept this?

wood&metal

Since I've actually had some free time since my arrival back to New York, I've actually thought a bit about what makes people tick in general. Practically speaking, I think people succeed in new endeavors when that which they seek to succeed in is consistent with their self image, which really exists only in your imagination. If you are playing basketball and you imagine in advance making the shot, your odds of succeeding go way up. If you are playing darts and you imagine yourself a good dart thrower with the dart going right into the bulls eye, your odds of hitting the goal go up. The same holds true for wearing heels. If you imagine yourself in social situations, acting as if the heels are just an accessory part of who you are, not the entire defining part of your social personae, if you imagine people reacting to who you are on the inside as opposed to what you are wearing on your body, your acceptance among the public will go way up. Imagine people having a great time around you, despite the fact that you feel the arch of a 4" heel on your foot, despite the fact that you feel the texture of the shoe's leather lining against your foot. Imagine people responding to your internal frame that wearing heels makes you a confident, independent renegade thinker. It really all seems so self-explanatory, but I think this self-image approach to wearing heels is really what generates success or lack thereof for members of this community.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Quite right in your analysis, KH. I've always used the idea that success in any endeavor is always begins in the "minds eye." (Glad you made it back to NYC safely :chuckle:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Practically speaking, I think people succeed in new endeavors when that which they seek to succeed in is consistent with their self image, which really exists only in your imagination.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but the theory is more than 100 years old: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Thought_Movement.

All I can say is that it works for me, and it does so far beyond any reasonable expectations. Sometimes it's almost embarrassing...