A week at the "in laws"… in heels!

elevated

As promised on my previous topic Just three days in heels and out shopping… here how I got on on my heeled holiday at the In-Laws.

Got back on Saturday from a week away staying with my Mum-in-Law. I wore my heels all week (other than a couple of spells playing with my son in the garden).

As far as I can recall the only comments were from my brother in law and his wife. I can't remember what he said, but she asked my wife "has he been borrowing your boots?" to which the reply was "No, they are his". End of conversation. Mum in law had a look when we arrived, but said nothing all week - she's way too sensible to make issues of things that don't matter.

Went everywhere in heels whilst away - Asda, Macro, PC World. Explored Brantano and had two shopping trips into Reading, one with family and one solo. I noticed a few strange looks but heard no comments. Is it me, or is it always the 10 to 15 year olds that notice?

On my solo trip - bus into and out of town plus miles (felt like) walked around the shops I had no bother at all. Had a brilliant shoe hunt in Schuh, with an excellent assistant :D . Just a shame the boots they had which I liked didn't fit (wrong shape or larger sizes out of stock). In the end she said "I'll go and get all the size 8's I can find" :D Came back with an armful, some of which looked great but weren't a good fit. I might hunt out a pair of their Abba boots though. Big "Hooray" for Schuh Reading.

The assistants in Barratt's were also very good but I really wanted higher heels than they sell.

I also wore my boots driving both to and from Reading, with stops at Shrewsbury Sainsbury's for petrol, and a motorway service area going and at Evesham Tescos and in Kidderminster coming back. Went into United Footwear in Kidderminster on the way home - Um, how can I put it? Unimpressed?

I'll have to dream up an excuse for a trip to Manchester - something like "I want to go shoe shopping" :wink:

All I can say to anyone wondering whether they should go out in heels is DO IT (remember I was wearing 5" heel boots with 1" platforms :() The worrying is worse than the doing. Most people are much too wrapped up in their own worries to care what you have on your feet, and if they do notice they tend to just look confused!

Impressive ‘Elevated’. You posted first on the 14th and in 2 weeks you seem to have taken to this like ‘a duck to water’. Using the bus is real commitment because unlike the car you just can’t hide what you’re wearing, you have no choice with who you sit with, can’t keep a spare pair if what you’re wearing becomes uncomfortable and there’s a lot of standing around waiting for the things to turn up. Let us know if you come up to Manchester PS know what you mean about Schuh, their top size 8 is a 41 rather 42 and it can be quite frustrating because they've got some great styles.

So what's all the fuss about?