High Heeled Goddess Diary #8

Laurieheels

It's Easter. I'm home late, feel like watching a movie, and alas, I realized, the diary remains unwritten. So a quick discussion of my new shoes is all you get tonight. Today. Whenever! My new shoes were given to me as a get well present. Of course, they took quite some time being made and arriving, so I have more than recovered from my hospital visit. The person who sent them wishes to remain anonymous. So be it. They are very nice, and maybe people have seen them before on web sites! Black leather. Mary Jane strap, silver buckle. Five and a half inch heel, the lower portion of which is a silvery metal spike. They are superbly comfortable. I put them on my bare feet at work when I first received them and ran around in them for about an hour. Not a flaw to be found. They make this very intense metal clicking when I walk. I've worn them to work a few times now, and yes, they get attention. But most of it is "I would break my neck wearing those". I find this strange, since would it not be broken ankles that would be the fear? And it is not the height, it is the very, very, small base on the bottom of the heel. People are intimidated by the stiletto. Which goes through cardboard like a straw through a slurpee. I move about in these shoes like a pro, like, well, a goddess. And I love the mary jane idea. They're amazing. Thank you, person who will remain a mystery to the readers.

Nice shoes. I think I know the ones you mean. Hope you find the time to post a piccie sometime. Your hospital visit seems such a long time ago now; hope you are well recovered, and on top form.

I've worn them to work a few times now, and yes, they get attention. But most of it is "I would break my neck wearing those".

Funny how people respond as if they see you in heels for the first time.

The well-known goddess can still impress! :wink:

I like the combination of narrow metal tips and waring them on bare feet, particularly.