Wearing stiletto's at a High School game

lovelyjc

I've been wearing 5inch stiletto's at work every day. My son plays baseball at the high school. When i get out of work i don't have time to go home and change. So I wear my heels to the games.. I notice that a lot of mothers give me dirty looks .;) Have anyone had the same experience ?

I experienced much the same thing about 10 years ago as my son entered high school and played baseball. Only the mothers that I knew from his summer select teams would talk to me but as the season went on, more and more women would find out I wasn't that much different than they were. I just dressed differently, I wore skirts when they wore jeans or shorts, I wore nice blouses when they wore t-shirts. Some of them were jealous. Others were indimated by some of the hardcore baseball moms and dressed to fit in. I found it amazing that once their boys started to excel, they felt less pressure to fit in and showed it in their dress. Luckily for me, I never felt that pressure. My son was talented and showed it early. He played in college and spend 2 years in the minor leagues before giving it up. Talk about heartbreak, the day he told us it was over, we all cried. My suggestion to you is to hold your head high, cheer on your son (he's the reason your there) and attitudes will change. Good Luck, Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

Me too, my son was playing sport after work, he got a lift and I saw about the last half of the game and picked him up to take him home. I turn up in office work gear, which in winter was a long skirt, sometimes suede, knee boots with typically 3" heel but rarely stiletto as block is more practical on these days and also showing off the E twins with some cleveage. All this was just too much for some women and they got catty. Some women are just too competitive.