High Heeled Goddess Diary #5

Laurieheels

It was a really nice day today. +17C, sunny, excellent for driving, and it is important as March comes to an end.

Spring in Alberta!

Which still means it could snow at any moment and a mess could ensue. That is how it works no matter the season. Yes, it has snowed in summer.

But for today, it was a monumental day, with a tank top on, jeans, and once again, it is the season for stiletto sandals.

What better thing to wear while taking the car to be washed than jeans and sandals? My favourite pair from last year, four inch clear stilettos heels, with black patent straps.

Here they are, but in red.

Posted Image

They are wonderful shoes, and it was nice to wear them again. WHich leads me to think that I need to start saving up and get more sandals for this summer.

Four and five inch heeled stilettos, and not just black, oh no. White, and red as well, plus more in black, to go with my black patent and my tan five inch sandals.

Okay, now, people are probably thinking that my recovery has been slowed down, as I have been wearing a lot of four inch heels of late. Well, the good news is that Thursdays seem to be progression days. I go to work in shoes I have not worn for some time. That is the trend, at any rate.

And this week, Thursday was the day for my black leather five and a half inch stiletto pumps. I have added heel slip guards to them, and they fit much better. I still have what it takes to wear them, and I felt really good about myself.

And I am sure that I will wear them a lot more, but it stems from a bad reason.

I have found a crack in the heel of my right boot. Thankfully they are excellent quality, these Bronx boots. There is a metal shaft running through the heel, as all heels should have, so the crack is superficial. But it still adds a slight wobble here and there, and when I walk, the sounds are very different.

The resonating click of the broken heel is of a MUCH higher pitch than that of the solid heel.

What was the cause of this? I am not sure, but the heel would have been stressed from driving, and when standing, I have been favouring my right foot over my left the past few weeks. I must have done something to finally put enough stress on the heel, and a crack has formed.

I am sure there will be a number of suggestions on how to fix this. I won't have the money to do this at a repair shop. Goddess glue will have to do.

What is goddess glue? It's crazy! Okay, back to the diary.

So I hope to wear my five and a half inch leather pumps a lot more during the week. I have a black patent pair as well, but the fit was never right. However, I may give them a try again, and see if they can be worked in to a comfortable level.

After all, Chris should not be the only one who will have the pleasure of seeing me wear them. Well, maybe it should be that way, who knows. :wink:

I have had a chance to look in two stores in Calgary, to see what the trends are for spring and summer footwear. They're nice, certainly shoes I would have worn two years ago, but many of the heights I have seen are around three inches. The heels are thinner, some are sculpted, so I can see a nice trend.

However, I only saw one item with a four inch heel here, and sadly, I did not have enough money to buy the wonderful mid-calf stiletto boots that were being cleared out. I did not have a chance to measure them, but they looked about that high.

There are a few more stores I would like to look into, as I think thin and high heels might be in fashion here and there. I have not had the time yet. Maybe a trip to the World's largest mall is in order very, very soon.

So spring is here, summer is rushing towards us in Alberta, and that means a return to sandals, a quest to buy more sandals, and more five and a half inch heels. Hey, maybe I can even make it to six inch by the summer.

Ever forward; ever higher; ever in need of more shoes; onward the goddess goes, looking to make each day a well heeled day.

Which still means it could snow at any moment and a mess could ensue. That is how it works no matter the season. Yes, it has snowed in summer.

Am I glad I live in the South Paciffic Laurie ! it's 25c at the moment with warm autumn rain.

It's fall here and all the winter boots and things are now in the stores.There are some great styles! Lots of stiletto's and long points with heel heights to about 120mm (close to 5").Just bought a great pair by Sachi on my last trip to the city,they are calf lenght with a cute little belt that fits around the ankle.

Enjoy the summer and all those sandals......

Laurie I do love to read your diaries I see you haven't lost your touch. Glad you are getting better. Love the sandals and can't wait for the warmer weather here to wear mine. We had a short spell a couple of weeks ago which encouraged me to start pamering my feet in readiness, but today we have had snow. Our weather here in Britain is soooo damn unpredictable too. Hope you are in better spirits for next weeks diary. Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"