High Street Heel Fashion

Maxine

Hi Ladies, not posted here for a while but it's nice to be back :winkiss: I had a lovely day shopping yesterday and I was just wondering what your thoughts on the shoes currently available on the high street are? unfortunately not all of us can afford designer shoes... There are still plenty of beautiful heels in UK shops though, round toes and platforms still quite popular it seems. I must admit I used to hate platforms, but some of them are really pretty now. And there is a lot of satin about, a bit less patent than last year which is a shame I think. Oh and a few in the 'gladiator' style, which I'm not won over by yet lol. I ended up with two new pairs - a blue satin peeptoe platform from Barratts about 4.5" heel, and a fabulous pair of Faith pink and black peeptoe courts which I found in Debenhams. They're called Cruella lol. Looking forward to wearing them out...ANYWAY have you girls got any more high street recommendations? and do you like the current styles? Maxine x

Hi Maxine, nice to here from you. Im fairly new at HHP ,but nice to have back.I have never been in to designer fashion to much because of the cost and I like to buy shoes so much it would cost me a fortune.I do like a lot of the HH sandals Im seeing this spring. My favorite styles are mules and pumps.

• 1 month later...

I can rarely find a shoe I like knowing certain styles (more than heel height) are not kind on the foot if you spend a night out. I'm not a designer shoe fan either, it seems a very narrow viewpoint and bit of snobbery (one of my favourite sandals at the moment I bought in Peacocks about 4 years ago for £20) but I do like unusual styles, and there is no less a master of this extravagant style than Balenciaga (oh if only I could afford to spend this much on shoes, particular like the style bottom row number three in this pic).

http://frillr.com/files/images/Balenciaga-Spring-2007-Shoe.jpg