High Heeled Goddess Diary #3

Laurieheels

Days seem to move by with great speed and I wonder if it is part of our evolution. Technology connects us, makes time more important, and now, we seem to be losing sense of it. People live longer, yet days seem shorter. Is this longevity simply a response, then, to the perceived speed of our world? We live the same number of years through our perception, but our standard of measuring has not changed to match it. Thus, we only create an illusion of living longer. Our experience suggests we don't have more time than our great garndparents did. How soon until a week is a mere blink of an eye in our memories? This is how my week felt. It just went. And now it is Sunday again, and work looms. Back to my actual job tomorrow. No sitting and transferring calls, no! Tomorrow, I am back to solving the world's problems. Well, I did enough of that during the past two weeks, even when it was not my job. I suppose I cannot be taken away from that. And with the speed of these weeks leaving them more of a flash of memory than a solid seven days, I am trying to look back and see how well I did with heels. Am I back into them as I was before? Are there any difficulties? I am, and there are none. I might as well not have had my time off. I can do anything I like in my ankle boots, and I did wear my five inch black velvet stiletto pumps on Thursday, with a short skirt and stockings. The weather was warm, and I needed to celebrate it through fashion. (these velvet pumps are now being worn to the point of being unwearable) And that leads me to something else, a different thought about fashion. It's obvious that mood and weather effect what we choose to wear on a certain day. But do we dress ourselves in the morning to celebrate the day? It is not just about saying "the weather is nice, I can wear these things as I do not need to keep warm or dry". It is more about "it's finally warm again, so I am going to wear something that takes full advantage of it and expresses my excitement at the change of the seasons." Do we as human beings still find time for such expression? Or are we so caught up in trends and keeping a schedule that we forget to just enjoy what is in front of us and celebrate it? Or are we doomed to be swept away in an ever increasing sense of urgency to watch our clocks and check our day planners? ... Friday is always considered a casual day. And I like wearing my jeans to work, but I admit, runners are not a fun compliment to them when I am in the office environment. Thus, a new favourite style of mine, and one that I hope to exploit. And I know a lot of you already like this style. Jeans and spike heeled boots. And we all know that my boots have a four inch heel, making it much higher than anyone else wears at work. What I am hoping to do is put my own unique twist on it with the stilettos. Of course, as much as I really like the look, it is much like that of other women. No one is going to set me apart because I wear spikes and the others wear blades, for example. So do I fall victim to the trend, or do I work on finding something that is all my own? I suppose that the question for me, as a very individualistic person, is this. Am I allowed to take up a fashion trend which can interfere with my self expression? Or is wearing that trend its own for of expression, saying that I support a larger ideal? Either way, I do have my own unique, High Heeled Goddess aspect to it. And I think I will continue to be a Friday jeans and boots girl well through the spring. At least until stiletto heeled sandal weather is here again... Of course, that should be a mere seven or eight blinks away, with the speed at which we seem to move through life in the 21st century. (Of course, if you'd like to know how good I look in jeans and heels, you can always hope that Chris gives his own report...)

Your own report will have to be accompanied by some photographs, I think. Time to grab that web camera, maybe? The fans are eager for more, dear, and we should give them at least a little sample. At the very least, they can all be jealous of you. :wink: