new boots and new carpet

alicia

I just purchased a pair of high heels boots with smooth leather. The soles on the ball of the boots is really slippery, I slide when I walk on new carpet installed on the floor of office lobby and it is not much better on tiles or floorboards. It will take sometimes to break them in and I don't wanna use sand paper for the leather soles. Can I do something to fix this? Or should I leave it with the professionals and get a shoe repairer to fix it. Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

I just purchased a pair of high heels boots with smooth leather. The soles on the ball of the boots is really slippery, I slide when I walk on new carpet installed on the floor of office lobby and it is not much better on tiles or floorboards. It will take sometimes to break them in and I don't wanna use sand paper for the leather soles. Can I do something to fix this? Or should I leave it with the professionals and get a shoe repairer to fix it.

Alicia

If you don't want to sand the soles, Alicia, places like Walmart have a stick on product (can't remember the brand). Try the drug area of the store with the insoles and heel pads.