Found an article

Trolldeg

Get the idea that this person is a non-shoe-lover? I mean, how many times have we heard this argument before? Might be time to dispel a few myths. How they can say that heal wearers suffer back problems, etc. is beyond me, when so many people have found their posture improved by the same 'device of torture' they are condemning. I won't go into the corset side of the debate as I cannot vouch for much on that subject, but to all those 'experts' out there that reckon that high heeled shoes are hazardous to your health, I say "go buy a pair and find out for yourself"

• 2 weeks later...

I work in a job where i'm sat down for most of the day, and have got what used to be known as "telephonists posture" i.e. very bad posture B) I also have suffered from knee problems, interestingly my physio said (years ago) that if I was female she'd recomend wearing heels (i believe others have had similar recomendations) as this can improve muscle tone around the knee All I can say is that since I started wearing heel (all be it 2 months) my knees are none the worse and my posture has already improved :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

i hurt my knee in an ill fated backflip attempt on a wakeboard 2 years ago, and 3 months later compressed 3 vertebra in my spine landing on my knees (upper body kept rotating) after a double backflip on a trampoline..the doctor could not do much for either injury, i dont like physiotherapists and wont go to them, so i have had small backpain since then, but since wearing heels i have noticed a definite improvement in both my knee and back pain since then, the back is the most pronounced area of improvement, but ive noticed my knees hurt a lot less while and after snowboarding, while as 6 months ago i would come home in agony..i wish my doctor had "prescribed" heels earlier...maybe id then id be totally open with friends / familly about them

A prescription - that sounds good! Apply 2 four-inch loafers before breakfast, 2 five-inch ankle boots before lunch and 2 six-inch stiletto courts before dinner. Do not take internally, and keep all medication out of bigots' reach. Ensure you finish the course and put in a repeat prescription in good time. The patient should feel the benefit immediately, but it is important to continue with the treatment to avoid distressful withdrawal symptoms.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton