Material taste...

MetalTips

Havent really posted for a long while due to allsorts but getting back on the straight and narrow - or show that be high and wide? Do you find your preferences change in the materials the shoes are made with. My point being? Patent. Call it personal preference or sheer fussiness, but can patent shoes still be considered stylish or elegant? Is Patent still an everyday acceptance or does it cry out any kind of label? Does leather/suede still form a benchmark in shoe material or quality?

Like all styles it comes down to taste, I mean early this year and last year pumps in strong colours like Yellow, Red, Blue and Pink but styles change. I think you can't go wrong with a classic black shoe in any style pump, court, open toe etc but sometimes the material can date like fake snake skin was in for a while but would prob look tacky now. I don't see anything wrong with patent as long as the shoe style is either classic or just plain sexy :thumbsup:

can patent shoes still be considered stylish or elegant? Absolutely!

Is Patent still an everyday acceptance or does it cry out any kind of label? Patent usually is for a dressier occasion, especially for menswear.

Does leather/suede still form a benchmark in shoe material or quality?

Generally speaking yes; "manmade" has an inferior connotation.

It's all about the heel!

Patentheel:-)

Of course it all depends on how well you take care of them and how often you wear them and in what kind of weather conditions.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I believe nothing looks better than highly polished natural leather if the shoes/boots are black or brown, but other colours look just as good in glossy man-made material, after all who has seen a yellow,blue or red cow?

I think black courts with red heels give you a superior look, and all white an inferior look. I do not know, it is just personal preferences and open to argument.

It is the same with heels. I love to see very slim stilettoes with steel tips, but hate to see them being worn when they obviously need repair. I think that nylon tips take the fun out of clicking along the pavement because nylon does give the exciting sound that I love to hear.

True patent leather hasn't been available for years now. What we call "Patent Leather" today is all man-made material, but still my favorite in heels with good fit and looking sexy as all get out.

Not sure if I have known patent is its previous form other than perhaps the stuff thats around today, or would I know the difference if it isnt shiny or squeaks in contact? :thumbsup:

Its possible it still has its stigmas to quality when it isnt made of leather or suede. Even strangely the existence of PU or leatherette shoes attract a more classier, less-shinier appearance.

MetalTips, you will know real patent leather when the stamp on the bottom of the shoe / boot or the inside label says "leather upper" or some similar type of thing. You don't see it that often but it is around, but not in the cheap shoe department.

It's all about the heel!