achilles pain

TheManInHeels

Question

I havent been wearing heels that much, I did not have any, i used my Girlfriends. But last week i got my own. Her heels are 2". My new boots are 5". I have them on as much as posible. 4 hours the last week or sow. But the last to days we have hade guest, sow no heels for me. last week i have noted that some calves feels funny when i take off the boots, and my thights ass well. That is not the wierd part, that is only natural. But i have alsow this weekend been getting pains in my achilles, mostly when im not in heels. Is this normal ?, anyone have any experiens on this.

18 answers to this question

To a point the pain you're feeling is normal, but it should not be prolonged or intense. I would recommend that you try a heel in the 3-4 inch range. Going from 2 to 5 inches might be a bit much for your tendons to take all at once.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yeah it's coming down off the such of a high heel, your tendons are contracted when you are wearing heels. So when you go flat foot you are stretching out the tendon. So be careful to avoided injury, and do some stretches to keep that tendon flexible.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Is this normal ?

Yup. 5" is *high*. Yes, there are people on this board wearing 6" heels regularly. They (/we) didn't jump straight up there.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

I havent been wearing heels that much, I did not have any, i used my Girlfriends. But last week i got my own. Her heels are 2". My new boots are 5". I have them on as much as posible. 4 hours the last week or sow.

But the last to days we have hade guest, sow no heels for me. last week i have noted that some calves feels funny when i take off the boots, and my thights ass well. That is not the wierd part, that is only natural.

But i have alsow this weekend been getting pains in my achilles, mostly when im not in heels. Is this normal ?, anyone have any experiens on this.

In going immediately from 2" heels to 5" heels you are asking far more than your legs and body are able to respond to. In order to wear 5" heels you must either make up your mind to never wear anything lower, or else you must go through a whole series of exercises to develop the legs and ankles so that you can wear 5" heels. I would suggest that you need to look over several threads on how to wear heels in the For the Guys forum. But in general, you should start by wearing lower heels first and then work up to the skyscrapers. Unless you want to shorten your Achilles tendon to the point that you can never wear lower heels, only wear those super high heels (4" or more) for 1 or 2 hours a day and not more than 1 or 2 days a week! Otherwise stay on the 1 - 2" heels the rest of the time. Over time you will strenghten the Achilles to where it is not so much of a problem. Still, you can never wear 5" heels for extended periods without running the risk of shortening that tendon to the point of being forced to wear high heels permanently.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

In going immediately from 2" heels to 5" heels you are asking far more than your legs and body are able to respond to. In order to wear 5" heels you must either make up your mind to never wear anything lower, or else you must go through a whole series of exercises to develop the legs and ankles so that you can wear 5" heels. I would suggest that you need to look over several threads on how to wear heels in the For the Guys forum. But in general, you should start by wearing lower heels first and then work up to the skyscrapers. Unless you want to shorten your Achilles tendon to the point that you can never wear lower heels, only wear those super high heels (4" or more) for 1 or 2 hours a day and not more than 1 or 2 days a week! Otherwise stay on the 1 - 2" heels the rest of the time. Over time you will strenghten the Achilles to where it is not so much of a problem. Still, you can never wear 5" heels for extended periods without running the risk of shortening that tendon to the point of being forced to wear high heels permanently.

I know that is would shorten the achilles. i just thought it was going to take a lot longer. it is the time the bothers me, 4 hour for 4 days.

When i read about getting "permanent", it all ways sayes 24-7, ½ to 1½ year. that is not what i want. Guess im just surprise that i can feel it this fast.

Depends on the person, my GF has to be careful because it takes only a short time for hers to shorten when wearing heels, ended up in physical therapy rolling a tennis ball with her feet the first time around. She has no intentions of going permitly heeled……..Drat!!! :evil:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Depends on the person, my GF has to be careful because it takes only a short time for hers to shorten when wearing heels, ended up in physical therapy rolling a tennis ball with her feet the first time around. She has no intentions of going permitly heeled……..Drat!!! :evil:

DITTO! Absolutely it depends on the individual. However, your post seems to indicate that you either have little or no prior experience in wearing truly high heels (3.5 inches or more). So you are simply not going to suddenly get up on a pair of 5"ers and go strutting around without paying a price. Try it often and the price will be that you cannot wear low heels again.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

DITTO! Absolutely it depends on the individual. However, your post seems to indicate that you either have little or no prior experience in wearing truly high heels (3.5 inches or more). So you are simply not going to suddenly get up on a pair of 5"ers and go strutting around without paying a price. Try it often and the price will be that you cannot wear low heels again.

clearly, yes Im not experienced by no means. I just havent had alot of option on wear heels. Since the only ones around a my gf's 2" (3 sizes to small) sandals.

I finally got me own (knee high 5", Pleaser seduce 2020) boots, I love them, I love the feeling. But im very shy sow im not going out in them, and i can´t work in them, i have to work in special shoes. And i dont sleep in them, i did expected some pain, but not from my achilles. Thighs and knee feet, that kind of pain. Im just surprise that it did not take more time before changes like this would come around.

I highly recommend that you go over to the For the Guys forum and read the different threads where you find Shaq91's posts. Most of what you need to know has already been discussed over there. Also, there are many other threads about walking in heels, so just snoop around a bit.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I will thanks for all the nice answers. I has been great help. Even thou i feel a bit stupid. I did read the to threats by Shaq91, and i dont see how they can help me, with my question. I not gay, I not a x dresser. I with me Girlfriend and have a kid. On thing that does confuse me a bit is, the fetish. Im not even sure that this is a fetish for me, i just like high heels. Wearing them feels as great as i hade expected.

...I did read the to threats by Shaq91, and i dont see how they can help me, with my question. I not gay, I not a x dresser. I with me Girlfriend and have a kid.

On thing that does confuse me a bit is, the fetish. Im not even sure that this is a fetish for me, i just like high heels. Wearing them feels as great as i hade expected.

Actually, Shaq91 is a kind of confused teenager with much the same questions you have. But there are also many other threads relating to how to wear high heels. I've posted on quite a few so you could check out my posts.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Sounds like your tendons are getting used to the higher heel.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yup! It means that you've had your first warning. So if you want to wear heels on a regular basis you need to respect what you've just been told and start wearing lower heels for short periods. After you've conditioned your body and tendons to the new strains and sensations, you can slowly start increasing the height of the heels. But if you want to insist on wearing those 5" heels you'd better first make sure your medical insurance is paid-up.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I have been away for a long time with an Achilles tendon injury. I had surgery in March to repair said ruptured tendon. I have yet to try heels since the injury. No, I did nto injure it when in heels - just running - but that is another story. Does anyone have experience with this injury and returning to heeled footwear. Presently low heel clogs or barefeet are the only way I can go without distracting pain. Physical therapy is ongoing. The doctor says to expect recovery to take at least a year. One thing I did learn from this related to the opening post is that atrophy sets in fast. I lost most muscle tone in the leg within 6 weeks. Still do not have it back in 5 months of PT. Strechting the tendon is a constant routine as it becoming shorter was two fold - 1. from the surgery method they use to repair them and 2. that at first they have your foot essentially set as though it is in a high heel all the time to reduce stress on the tendon while scare tissue forms.

classic style high heel boots