Old fashion pedalpumping memory

Hello

As I told in my introducing, I am fan of pedalpumping with high heels !

I have a specific memories 40 years ago : in these time cars were hard to start and in addition the handbreakes were weaks !

So I remember of a coldstart of my mother in her little Fiat in a big slope : she had in the same time to keep the right hand on the break (to have the most strong), the left hand pulling the starter, the right foot on the gas pedal to pump: in addition she was trying to pull the choke. But earing the engine which was beginning to flood, she began to panic because she didn't succeed to manage at the same time the pedal + starter + choke + handbreak.

Because she would play at same time with starter and choke, she preferred to give up the hanbreake and began to break with her right foot with a strong pressure; so at the same time she had to pump the gas with the left foot, so with acrobatic posture: the left leg under the right one !

This view of high heels, the left leg under the right in order to rev and to warm up is the best memory for me !

When the engine began to warm up, she must do the reverse: stop the foot-break, pull the hand break with right hand , put again the right-foot on the gas as usual, and take the steering-wheel with left hand: so the usual posture to drive !

Do you have any anecdotes of pedalpumping with heels: mother, girl friend, yourself ?

sincerely

• 7 months later...