Rochester NY / Doris Day shoes!!

e

The trend towards wearing what I call "doris day" type high heels is definitely on the rise here this fall. Usually when the hot fads get here in the hinterland, they've just about run their course. Let's hope not! We have a mother/daughter combo that work in our office who both are very much into high heels. The mom in the 2-3inch range, the 18 year old very much in the 4-5 inch category. I HEARD the click...click...click of a hi-heeled woman coming down the street Monday and it was the two of them on their bank rounds. The daughter had on only what can be described as classic 5-inch grey Doris day pumps. Outstanding. Later, standing in line for lunch, another young lady in a fringed denim skirt showed a perfect set of legs in near 5 inch white courts. She spun around on her heels several times, knowing she looked good for whoever might be watching, including me. If you have reports like these,perhaps you can share them,letting us know where it is.

What are "Doris Day" heels ? I remember her wearing some very nice long tight skirts in her 50's films, but I can't remember her wearing any outstanding heels. Do you mean these thick 3" to 4" heels that they used to wear in the mid fifties? Lovely Lady. :-?

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"