Hello All!, Foot Problems and Pain......

Sway

Question

Hello All, Thought I would drop in and say hello to everyone and look around the new message board. Nice place! I haven't posted anything lately due to chronic foot problems that were brought on by high heel court shoes, guess I’m a little put off by them right now. Several years back I use to wear 5-inch stiletto heels in the house and on Halloween. I took several years off and this past summer I decided to get ready for Halloween again :smile: I bought a new pair of 5 inch pumps and started the stretching procedure to get them wide enough for my feet. Boy what you loose by not wearing them often! I stared with little short trips around the house and up and down the side walk several times a week working up wearing them for an hour or so everyday after a couple of months. Things were going well till I got up one morning and it felt like I had a pebble stuck to the bottom of my left foot?. A quick inspection reveled nothing so I though it must be bruised. I backed off on my training to little short trips across the room and back once a week but the problems got worse I had already done the damage. Morton's Neuroma between the 3rd and 4th toe in both feet, this feels like you have pebble in your shoes. Sesamoidtis in the joint of the big toe in both feet (pain in the ball of the foot) all this aggravated by Metatarsalgia the inflammation of the metatarsal heads in the ball of the foot. This has been going on for about 5 months now and after many trips to the doctor, 12 visits to the rehab center for Iontophoresis treatment, 3/4 length orthotics, Metatarsal pads, a cortisone injection, anti-inflammatory medication and a pair of very ugly but comfortable shoes I’m not better. My feet rejected the orthotics after about a month, I then went to the metatarsal pads and after a week or two I was no longer able to wear them.....B) I have several other options, alcohol injections to the Neuroma’s twice a week for about 5 or 6 weeks to kill the nerve or surgery to remove the Neuroma. Also this is getting expensive. People don’t buy shoes unless they fit, I thought they could be stretched like my others had but age and other factors worked against me. Anybody else here had these problems or have any suggestions. TripleEEE

2 answers to this question

Well they were just a little snug no more than what I has been accustom to in the past. I think I was just a candidate for this to happen the combination of flat feet the height of the heel and walking more on a hard surface this time around got me. I wasn't out taking long trips in the shoes, I guess a longest trip would have been 100yds or less.