Problems with Ellies?

Spkluvrs

My girlfriend is having problems with her Ellies 6 inch pumps. She wears a size 8 1/2 (US), and the pair she owns is a size 9. She complains that her toes are scrunched to the point that they hurt her, which makes it impossible for her to stand. She says that she has a wide foot, but not too wide, and that the shoes are for a narrow foot. Do Pleasers, or Jante fit pretty much the same as Ellies? Anyone know of a brand that sells 6 inchers that comes in wide?

Pleasers and Ellies are basically the same shoes and normally fit the same in my experience. I never have a problem although the shoes are tight fitting. Elite Heels and 6 Inch Heels Forever both do great 6 inch high shoes which might be more generously sized but will cost a lot more. I would just go for a pair half or a whole size bigger.

Pleasers and Ellies are basically the same shoes and normally fit the same in my experience. I never have a problem although the shoes are tight fitting. Elite Heels and 6 Inch Heels Forever both do great 6 inch high shoes which might be more generously sized but will cost a lot more. I would just go for a pair half or a whole size bigger.

I have found Pleasers to be more giving than Ellies. All the Ellies I have bought have had too tight a toe box, and it has turned me off to the brand.

Really? Not doubting you but that's quite surprising compared to my experience, although like I say I've never had probs with either so I guess it's possible that there is a difference that I can't feel. What type of Pleasers/Ellies do you normally get? I normally buy their sky high platforms as opposed to 6" heels which I always prefer to get from 6IHF or Elite.

Hi. I have a pair of Ellies 6"ers in size 8 Black PU. They fit perfect and are pretty soft on my feet. I had earlier a similar pair but in Patent, and they was to stiff and made my toes hurt.. Try a pair of PU instead, they are softer on the feet. //Pernilla

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

How do they fit otherwise, is the length OK? Sometimes too big can be a problem too. I've always questioned the advice to go up in size on higher heels, one would think the shoe designers take heel height into account when they size the lasts.

I think this is a very sensible question. I'm not at all sure how the mfgrs. size their shoes, but in my experience a shoe that doesn't fit well in all dimensions is a worthless dustcatcher in my closet. :thumbsup: Even worse, if the toe box doesn't fit properly then there's little hope of stretching it out without ruining the shoe. Fundamentally, one must find a shoe that fits well before buying, otherwise you run a serious risk of wasting your money.

:smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Typically closed toe and single sole. However, I bought the open toe pumps from Ellie after adjusting for size and they were too tight across the front as well. They don't come in a 15, so there is no place to go on those.

Ah OK. I think it is also going to be a problem more for men than girls perhaps because women I think traditionally have pointier feet which probably fit better.

I think this is a very sensible question. I'm not at all sure how the mfgrs. size their shoes, but in my experience a shoe that doesn't fit well in all dimensions is a worthless dustcatcher in my closet. :thumbsup: Even worse, if the toe box doesn't fit properly then there's little hope of stretching it out without ruining the shoe. Fundamentally, one must find a shoe that fits well before buying, otherwise you run a serious risk of wasting your money.

:smile:

or injuring/damaging your feet:sad:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

well Bubba136, I almost never seem to have any problem with my footwear that I order online, since my foot is a womens size 9, I've never seen where they dont fit my feet the right way-only one pair I DID buy in my local mall once & they were the most god-awful type of "boot" (if you would have called them that in the 1st. place that is!!:thumbsup: ) to this day I have no real idea why in world I even bought them (they were @ a sale price but still I do not know why, buy hey-no ones perfect!:smile:)

Ah OK. I think it is also going to be a problem more for men than girls perhaps because women I think traditionally have pointier feet which probably fit better.

Roz you might have a good point. I have a very narrow foot with a very high natural arch (like many women) and I really believe this is one reason high heels are more comfortable for me to wear than lower heeled shoes.

Hey Stuffs, you really have to be careful wearing shoe boxes out in public. If, they are like most boxes, they're made of cardboard and will quickly come apart if they get wet!:smile::lmao::thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.