Sandal Season?

HappyFeat

What is YOUR rule on wearing sandals?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is YOUR rule on wearing sandals?

• I never wear sandals.
    • I only wear them in the seasonally.
    • I wear them year round.

This is something that has been bugging me for quite a while and would love to get some thoughts on it. Recently it has come up a few times in conversation, so I figured now would be the time to ask. I was getting a pedicure last week and the person doing it told me that soon pedicures would be half price because sandal season was over. This struck me kind of strange that people would let their feet decay all winter and only care about how their feet looked and felt in the summer. I get a pedicure at least once a month and know that it is even more vital in the cold, dry winter months. Also, I have been told that sandals and even open toe shoes are a faux pas in the fall and winter months only to see many styles, especially evening shoes marketed year round. Now, I wouldn't suggest that people wear sandals while shoveling the walk, but there must be some flexibility to the rule. Now, I am not talking about flip-flops or Birkenstocks or even dressy flat sandals. I figure there are different rules for those. But when it come to heels, even moderately low heels, what is the rule. Or at least the guidelines members here choose to go by. For poll purposes, I guess I would define sandals as strappy heels and open toe slides and similar shoes. I really wouldn't consider open-toe or peep toe shoes sandals, but I guess discussion on that matter is open as well.

Style is built from the ground up!

I personally don't wear them in winter, except inside in my house. I see women wearing them all the time though. I had a girlfriend who wore them on Valentine's Day, despite there still being snow on the ground. While she looked nice, I still had to scratch my head a little when she bemoaned that she should have worn warmer shoes. :smile: I don't have much sympathy for the flip-flop loving teenagers who bemoan how cold their feet are when it's cold out.

For myself, I see no "season", but more of when it is appropriate to wear open toed shoes. My general rule of thumb is to wear open toed shoes until the temperature drops below 35 and even then, I wear a clog or closed toe mule. I get pedicures once a month from November to March and then I get them twice a month from April until October. I wear sandals around the house year round.

The pool is restricted to one of the three alternatives. My rule for sandals is to wear when I want, not too much as I really prefer boots regardless the weather. Should be a lot of fun to wear sandals in the snow.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

To my mind, one of the most attactive things about sandals is ease of getting them on and off. I want shoes I can literally jump into or out of, hence sandals, especially backless slides, offer the ultimate in convenience. Since I don't get out much anymore, most of the time I'm in and around the house. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Should be a lot of fun to wear sandals in the snow.

To be sure, flavio. Wearing sandals in the snow is fun but you can't wear them in the snow very long. Your friggen feet freeze:w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wear them year round in the house, but up here in Pennsylvania it is rare that I could venture outside in them during the winter. Sandals and snow don't mix well for me.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

All year, even though less in the winter. If I'm shoveling snow, I'll wear boots, but if I'm just stepping out to go to the store or to make a quick visit and I feel like it, I'll wear sandals--no matter what the temperature. Of course, if I'm going to be outside for a while I won't--common sense has to prevail.

oh yes I fully agree with you Smitty55, it HARDLY makes any sense if your out in snow (or just when its very cold) your feet will start to TELL you that they are not very comfortable in those kinds of temps, to say the least:irked:

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting results! In the Eastern U.S. we are having a bit of "Indian" Summer, when the temperature gets in the 80's in October. What I love about it is seeing the mixture of people wearing sandals and boots. I have always been of the opinion that people come in two categories - boot people and sandal people. You can love both, but when push comes to shove, people will typically choose one over the other. So, the sandal people get out their strappy shoes for one last go around and the boot people will wear their boots on hot October days. In the end, it is like a fashion parade for those of us who like variety.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice to see sandals on other people and I will look just as anyone else would, but not for me. My toes and toe-nails are way too ugly for sandals. I prefer wearing closed toe shoes and boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 1 year later...

Sandals for summer and warm weather, closed in shoes or boots for me if its cold. I hate having cold toes. Pedicures as required, I like my feet to look nice regardless of the season.

Yes, the summer arrive slowly, but this year is the year of high heel sandals, we can see in all the shop windows. Hard to resist for people like us. These are the new sleepers my girlfriend, and mine are just behind.:)

post-10104-133522913366_thumb.jpg

Sandals for summer and warm weather, closed in shoes or boots for me if its cold. I hate having cold toes. Pedicures as required, I like my feet to look nice regardless of the season.

Yes....Summer, warm weather...and parties! I wear them in the Winter too if I can get away with it....but my toes ALWAYS get a pedicure as 'Sally' says.

^^ BTW 'Vinheel'....your wife's 'sleepers' are lovely. A little 'fussy' for me...too many straps...but the colour is absolutely fabulous!! Very nice.:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Yes, sandal season is back!! All my girl shoes are hh sandals - flats too, love 'em. Fortunately out here in California the weather is warm enough where sandals can be worn "almost" year round. I have already been out several times. See ya, sf P.S. Don't forget the pedicure too!!

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

It shouldn't matter when you wear sandals. I mean obviously, if you live in a place that snows a lot during the winter season, you don't want to be wearing sandals. Me, I live in sunny California so I can wear sandals throughout the year. Sometime, I'll even wear them out in the rain, lol. Snow is just too cold for anyone's feet to handle.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

It shouldn't matter when you wear sandals. I mean obviously, if you live in a place that snows a lot during the winter season, you don't want to be wearing sandals. Me, I live in sunny California so I can wear sandals throughout the year. Sometime, I'll even wear them out in the rain, lol. Snow is just too cold for anyone's feet to handle.

I agree...like I said I wear them any time I can get away with them...and I love driving in 'strappies'.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Much as I love strappy sandals, stiletto mules are often a Summer choice for me. They are probably the most feminine and alluring of all the heels styles......

Much as I love strappy sandals, stiletto mules are often a Summer choice for me. They are probably the most feminine and alluring of all the heels styles......

Oooo, you read my mind. That's why I wear them a lot around the house. I mean, it's a combo of high heels and really showing off your sexy feet. In fact one time, I had to open the door because of a largeer package I received from the mail man. I was wearing my mules with a pair of capris. I can see his eyes just staring at my feet nearly the whole time, lol.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey