What was your trigger that made you loved heels....

aussieheels1

i was reading another thread about the first time wearing heels and that really triggered a memory that I haven't really thought about for a long time and I think it may have something to do with my obsession with shoes and heels..... the first time me wearing/playing with heels was probably when i was 3 or 4... wearing my mum's heels... but i guess this doesn't really count as I'm sure all little boys have done this (and was probably told off for it).... and then i remember me being quite shy when i was young (say around 12 onwards) and thought that my obsession with heels came from loving girls but too shy/scare to see/watch them and thus always looking downwards and thus focusing on their shoes/heels.... but then i remember when i was in primary school... in year 2..... i went to a all boy school and there was a boy who wore a flat mary-jane type shoe (maybe hand me downs from his sister or something)... and I remember i had a facination with them..... and also i remember there was a game we play of taking our shoe off in class under the table and see how long we can have it off for as we knew we were going to get in trouble for having it off in class by our teacher... i think that thrill attached to shoes must have been a major trigger in my life... it's odd how things come back to you, and I've been thinking about why I love shoes and heels so much and somehow never drew a correlation to this event in my life before today..... thank you to the other thread for helping me remember and understand myself a little better.... sorry for the long winded thread (and it's probably more a statement rather than discussion pont).... but it really come as a relevation to me at the moment.... for everyone else... is there a trigger point for you guys when you knew you were completely obsessed and loved heels?

I must admit it does set you thinking. I think one of my triggers was when I was in primary school my regular teacher went off on maternity leave and we had a substitute teacher. She was always well dressed in a pencil skirt stockings and really high heels. I cannot give you the height but she was definitely on her toes all the time. As a child of 10 and chatting to my classmates we were just amazed, but it crossed my mind that she looked fantastic ( I didn't really know why at this stage). I must admit I always think of her with real affection and always wondered how she could wear such footwear. Definitely one of my triggers. I'll have to think a little more to find other areas.

As with most folks here, I am not sure why I enjoy wearing womens shoes. I have had a desire to wear girls shoes since I was a small child. I just liked the way they looked. Back then I wore flats - mostly sandals - when I was a teen and away at college. No one ever made comment that I wore girls shoes. Heels did not interest me until 1996 when I was shoe shopping and saw a pair of hh thongs in my size. Just for the heck of it I tried them on, liked the way they looked and felt - I was hooked!!! When I brought them home, my wife thought I was nuts!! At first I was discrete where I wore high heels (and at times still am), but with time I have become bolder and wear heels out quite often. I now have about 15 pair of heels - all sandals - plus my flats. Occasionlly someone will notice, but for the most part, no one notices or seems to care. As for the wife, she is generally OK with me in heels (depends of the style). She's a good gal.... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

One trigger was seeing my teachers in heels every day. Low heels, not stilettos. The clincher came when I was 13. We visited my grandmother and aunt in Chicago and my aunt wore heels whenever she left her apartment. Her heels were just loose enough so that her feet would slip just enough to see her high arches wink with each step. She wasn't much of a dipper, but when she did slip her foot out, it got my attention immediately. I've been a heels lover ever since, and when I finally took the plunge and started wearing them myself, I took to 5-inch stilettos the way a duck takes to water.:smile:

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

One trigger was seeing my teachers in heels every day. Low heels, not stilettos. The clincher came when I was 13. We visited my grandmother and aunt in Chicago and my aunt wore heels whenever she left her apartment. Her heels were just loose enough so that her feet would slip just enough to see her high arches wink with each step. She wasn't much of a dipper, but when she did slip her foot out, it got my attention immediately. I've been a heels lover ever since, and when I finally took the plunge and started wearing them myself, I took to 5-inch stilettos the way a duck takes to water.:smile:

Very similar trigger. My mom, aunts, teachers, and acquantences wore I heels all of the time. I tried a pair of my mom's on one day and I was hooked.

Catalogs were my first real memory of being fascinated with heels. In those days (for the under 30 set), Sears, JCPenny, Montgomery Ward, etc. did most o their retail sales by catalog. Since we lived in a small town that didn't have a lot of retail stores, catalogs were a mainstay in my home. Of course, the catalogs were a lot like a retail store, much of them was dedicated to women's fashion. I just fell in love with the shoes. I knew more about different styles, heel heights, what works with what, etc. by the time I was 10 than most women learn as adults!

Style is built from the ground up!

What triggered my facination with boots in the first place.... the girl next door. I must have been about 3-4 when she came past our house wearing her new boots - strange , the things you can remember from such an early age. She would have been about 6-7. She had a pair of those late 70's/early 80's style boots with a block heel and side zip, in black. I went round to her house one day, crawled under her bed - can't remember why, kids just do that sort of stuff - and found her boots. I put them on and I remember I just loved the feeling of the boots up my legs. I remember her friend had the same pair of boots but in white. Thats where it started pretty much . My Mom came home some time after that and she had the same kind of boots but in beige. When I was about 7-8 my teacher used to wear shiny black boots to school. I can't remember how high her heels (4" maybe?) were but they were stilletto heels and I was always facinated by her when she wore her boots. I use to misbehave on purpose so that she would tell me to sit on the floor next to her desk, this allowed me a close up of her boots. Don't know if she caught on to this or not. I use to wish she would take them off and wear slippers so that I could steal them - not to proud about that. There was another teacher at my school who use to wear a pair of black stilletto boots and a pair of beige stilletto boots (both pairs with about a 4" heel) and matching gloves. She was very short but very attractive and glamorous. Couldn't take my eyes off her when she wore boots and matching gloves. I remember the sound of her boot heels, the way she was dressed (gloves, boots, dress) as she would slowly walk up and down the hall, completely mezmerized me. My school had Drum Majorettes (type it in on Youtube to get an idea of what I'm talking about, I'm orig. from South Africa). Some of the prettiest girls in my class did this, I loved watching them march up and down the field in their boots and gloves, twirling their baton things - amazing!! And so...I use to wear my mom's beige boots around the house whenever she went out, until my feet got to big. Took me a long time to admit to myself that I loved boots and wanted a pair too. I still absolutely love to see woman in boots (and gloves), I think it suits them better but men are allowed to have fun too. (I think this is something for a separate post) Whew, that was a long one!

Although my memories of heels go back to the 2nd grade and playing hide and seek in the closet of one of my friends older sister which was full of high heels, my strongest trigger came from a next door neighbor of my parents. They used to alternate Friday night parties at 3 or 4 of the neighbors houses. A lot of cocktails (I think they called them hi balls back then), Jackie Gleason and Frank Sinatra on the record player and lots of laughter. Anyway, they allowed the kids to hang around until bedtime which was about 9PM. My mom didn't wear heels much, which might have added to my fascination when other women showed up wearing them. But on this particular evening, one of the neighbors showed up in a pair of Spring-o-lators. If you don't remember them, they are just like early mules, but had this elastic strap between the toe and the heel in the sole of the shoe that apparently helped you keep the shoe on your foot. What I remember most about them was how they slapped the bottom of her foot when she walked in them. So in addition to the clicking, there was this terrific thwack sound that they made. I remember someone teasing her about her shoes and she proceeded to take one of them off and start playfully hitting one of the men on their hand with the tip of her metal heel. It was very exciting. I couldn't have been more than eight or nine years old.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

The question was what made you love heels. For me that came quite late. I have loved boots since I was 14 but I didn’t appreciate heels until a few years ago when I bought my first pair of thigh boots that only came with a 4” heel. I really wondered when I got them where I would ever wear them. After I wore them for a while I got used to the heel then really started to like the feel of the 4” heel. Next I bought a pair with 5” heels and really got hooked. I don’t think its the height, (I’m 6 foot so I don’t need additional height), but it might be the look, or the attitude I have when I’m wearing heeled boots... all I know is I love to wear them in public. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Seeing girls in there pretty patent mary janes of all colors when I was very young. 4-5yrs old and wanting very badly to know how they would feel on MY feet. I could not take my eyes off them when I started school in the 1st grade, Sometimes it even got me in trouble for not paying attention in class. LOL

real men wear heels

I have loved boots since I was 14 but I didn’t appreciate heels until a few years ago when I bought my first pair of thigh boots that only came with a 4” heel.

that's facinating Thighbootguy..... what type of boots did you liked from 14? were they male cowboy boots? motorbikes boots? do they make thigh high boots without heels? or were they female boots without heel?

i just find it interesting that you join the love of heels a lot later than your love of boots.... personally (and a lot of the people on thi board) probably loved heels from a very young age and even we may deny it due to social acceptance, i think the love for it have been there (and hence the start of this thread) trying to work out what if anything, initially triggered this passion.....

Hmm... difficult to name a single 'trigger'. I think it was probably a number of influences and events over a period of time that led to the full-on attraction for heels. When I was quite young (maybe 9 or 10) my younger sister had a box of old 'dressing up' shoes in the bottom of her wardrobe. I remember having a rummage through it a few times and always being disappointed in the contents - it had only a few pairs of ugly/weird shoes (60's kitten heels & 70's platform slingbacks). There was definatly some sort of undefined high-heel interest forming at that time though.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Aussieheels1 -

I wrote about my first boots in this post so I won't repeat it here. Now that you mention it I did have a go with cowboy boots but that didn’t last too long. Women’s boots just felt so much better but most had a 1” - 2” block heel. My first stilettos were 3” on a pair of over the knee boots. I really didn’t like the heel back then (over 20 years ago) and asked a cobbler if he could replace the heels with a western style. He wasn’t able to find a suitable heel so I didn’t wear them out and about very much. I still have those boots by the way and take them out for a stroll every once in a while.

:smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

My trigger for heels was pulled when I was 8 years old. A neighbor girl friend & sistere were playing at their house. Their mothere always wore high heels. We were trying on their mothers shoes when the mother game me a pair of 4 inch crocodile shoes (or faux) to wear and then told me to keep them. I thought this was great and I wore (or dragged) them home. My mom nor anyone else said a thing to me about it. That was the beginning of a long and lustrous love of wearing them. Over 54 years I have had at least a 150 pairs of which I had to get rid of most, for one or another reason. I have held this in secrecy all this time throught 3 marriages any beceau relationships. Funny how my mates always seemed to have about the same size shoes lol. SO GLAD I FOUND THIS WEBSITE. I FEEL LIKE I AM FINALLY HOME. Thanks all for the welcomes and the great identification articles. Have a Super Heel day.

Super Heels –

If someone hasn’t already said this (or even if they have) WELCOME to the site.

It’s nice to have another sexagenarian (60 year old) on the board.

:smile:

Yeah, I agree, Welcome Super Heels.:smile: You said: ' I have held this in secrecy all this time throught 3 marriages any beceau relationships.' Luckily I haven't had to keep it bottled up for as long as you -54 years I presume - but I think most of the guys on here know whats its like to have to keep your high heels love to yourself - not easy. I'm also glad I found this website. So again, welcome, hope your happy here!

Super Heels, That's why this site is so special. It allows us to share our secrets with like minded people. Oh and btw, glad to see another over 60 participating in the group. I only wish I had been as committed to heels when I was 20 as I am today because I think I would be more accepted wearing in public. With gray hair, I feel I am looked more strangely upon.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I am 50 years old and there is no reason to have gray hair!! All that you have to do is get it colored every 5 weeks at a beauty salon. I have been told many times that I appear to be less than 40 years old.

Super Heels,

That's why this site is so special. It allows us to share our secrets with like minded people. Oh and btw, glad to see another over 60 participating in the group. I only wish I had been as committed to heels when I was 20 as I am today because I think I would be more accepted wearing in public. With gray hair, I feel I am looked more strangely upon.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I couldn´t say what was the exact trigger for my fascination with heels - it´s always been boots for me - but I have much the same memories from my childhood as many of you. Trying on my Mum´s awful flat plastic laceup knee highs, seeing glamorous women on television in the 70s wearing boots, and particularly seeing teachers at school in boots. Two of my English teachers wore knee high boots with about 3 inch block heels. One of the teachers in particular would sit on one of the desks at the front of the class whilst leading a class discussion, and she would swing her booted legs and rotate her booted feet. It would drive me crazy! No wonder I never said much in those classes. But for a long time it never occurred to me to try wearing heels myself. So one of the main triggers for me starting to wear heels was this site - learning that so many other men wear heels was a big surprise and source of encouragement. So thanks everyone. I haven´t progressed to street heeling (yet) but I´m just enjoying heels at home for now.