Ballet heel store in New York City?

Strawberry

Hi Strawberry,

I'd reccommend Demask (www.demask.com ) There are in New York and have lots of fetishy heels. If they don't currently carry ballet heels, they could probably direct you where to go. I have'nt been there myself, but have seen shoes from them, which were very nice.

Have fun on your trip and good luck finding them!

(Gee, wish I was going somewhere) :lol:

So many shoes, so little time...

If you can find a retailer of Qualifetish / Hot Peppers Ballets, I couldn`t recommend them highly enough.

Their Ballets are absolutely gorgeous to wear :lol: . It just depends on which style you can bear to stand in. As much as I love the look of Mary Janes or Oxfords, they do not provide me with enough support or vertical restraint. I also suggest lace-ups are better for the same reason.

I have a pair of the ankle boots which give a good support to the foot and prevent the ankle from bending out sideways over my foot.

Try this link: www.qualifetish.com if you are happy to order direct over the web, though there are a number of site/stores that sell this make aswell.

Thanks for this, If anyone have any more tips and suggestions I will be even more happy. When you are in a big town for a short matter of time it is so much easy if you know where to look right away. I will try to go to Demask and see what they offers and I have sent an email to Qualifetish to find out if there are any resellers in NYC. Hopefully I know what it is like standning in ballet heels in a week or so :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The weekend in NYC was just wonderful and after a while we managed to find the right places for ballet shoes.

The first shoe store we found was called "Religious Sex" and is located on 7 St. Marks Place just west of Astor Place. They had a really nice selection of shoes in all heights from 3 inch to 6 and ballet heels. The main brand was "The highest heel" and I bought a pair of 6 inch boots. Their ballet heels seemed not to be of the reinforced models so they were not good for walking, although very nice looking. It was my first try-on and it felt great.

Then we went to Demask which is located on 135 West 22nd Street between 6th and 7th Avenue. They had a lot of ballet heels with the more flat toe tip, all in UK sizes. I tried a size 9 it was too big for me unfortunately. To my (and a few others!) great surprise I had no problem standing up all by myself and had a short walk in them through the store. I could walk in ballet heels! Here is some proof of me standning in them at least.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next we headed to another shop located on the West 20nd Street between 7th and 8th Avenue. They had an even wider assortment of ballet heels but this time in the more sleek pointy style with extremely thin heels. To my great surpris the Oxford model I tried on was really sturdy and nice and I could walk and stand in those too.

Now I only have to see if they are really worth the money, maybe I start with a cheaper pair from PunitiveShoes first.