Runways, Rockers, and Celebrities in heels?

kneehighs

Maybe we can pull all our pictures of designers, rockstars, runway models, and ads of men in heels in this thread.

Thought this would be interesting. There have been designers like Gaultier who has put men in stilettos on the runway, Jitrois who put a man in stilettos in their Fall/Wi '03 campaign...and more.

Here are a few pics related:

Ann Demeulemeester showcased pants tucked into flat knee high bootsknee high boots in her Fall/Wi 04 show:

Posted Image

J.P. Gaultier

Posted Image

Posted Image

Johnson Hartig trying on his designs during NY Fashion Week '05

Posted Image

Hedi Slimane/Dior Homme

This first pic is actually of Hedi Slimane the Dior Homme designer himself

Dior Homme: Mary Janes

Dior Homme: flats with short vamp

Karl Lagerfeld sporting pants tucked into knee high boots.

click here

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs, Fashion is the best approach to freestyling! These are great pics to show that any outfit can work if properly combined with the person, event, and timing. Pam

J.P. Gaultier

Posted Image

Posted Image

I knew it! Long skirts do suit us and high heels too ^^ excellent selection, Kneehighs!

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

The only thing that bothers me about that pose is the feminine posture and we are trying to get away from that are we not, it is a mans choice to wear heels but he does not have to have a feminine pose because of the heels.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

My stance on heels on the runway is a sketchy one. One one hand, I like what the mere exposure of a man wearing heels on the runway does for some people who are interested in fashion shows - the people I'm referring to in particular are young women, age 15-25. It opens their eyes to the idea that, if nothing else, it CAN be done. My only concern is this: When was the last time any of us saw a regular Tom, Dick, or Harry dressed as these models are? Fact is - most of us are going less for the look portrayed by the models, and more for the casual to dress-casual styles, only with women's shoes instead of boring men's shoes. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't want it to seem that the only way one can wear heels as a male is if the rest of their outfit is similar to those portrayed in the photos, and thus they must either develop or do a good job at faking a more feminine posture/gait. I don't know if I just made sense or not

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I completely agree and understand what you are saying. Instead of some of that ugly high fashion they are showing in heels, why not show heels jeans and a t-shrit or a button down. It seems as if they are trying to bring it main stream but still out of reach because of the styles the models are wearing and not what average joes wear. Kneehighs would be a good model for us on the run way for example. He is always casually dressed.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

When has high fashion ever been casual? Even what is called casual really isn't. I wouldn't hold your breath for that to change. Let's face it, most people wouldn't be caught dead in what they're wearing on the runway.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

...Kneehighs would be a good model for us on the run way for example. He is always casually dressed.

Thanks. In my opinion, Heel-D is making great progress too. I'm actually trying to put together outfits with a new york city edge. With that "edge" the high heels are muted by the overall outfit. It's just a tiny piece of my overall presentation both physical and social, and an insignificant one at that.

Im also shopping for some more "runway" outfits too. That Anne Dem outfit is amazing as well as Cloak and maybe Dior Homme too. Runway outfits are common here on the sidewalks of nyc.

Ann Demeulemeester showcased pants tucked into flat knee high bootsknee high boots in her Fall/Wi 04 show:

Posted Image

Looks very good, very reminescent of Luke Skywalker in "Return of the Jedi" :D. Also that Jitrois outfit- GREAT, but unfortunately Jitrois is known to make very expensive attires...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Telva Magazine Fashion Awards, 2004: Lorenzo Caprille

I know that in 1989 Ralph Lauren made a bow pump for men. I saw the picture in a brochure and I couldn't believe my eyes. The vamp is short on his shoe...short enough to be a womans, but I think its a mens. Here is what it looked like (the guy on the left is Lorenzo Caprille).

Posted Image

Telva Magazine Fashion Awards, 2004: Lorenzo Caprille

I know that in 1989 Ralph Lauren made a bow pump for men. I saw the picture in a brochure and I couldn't believe my eyes. The vamp is short on his shoe...short enough to be a womans, but I think its a mens. Here is what it looked like (the guy on the left is Lorenzo Caprille).

Posted Image

You're right kneehighs, but it doesn't look like it has mush a a heel though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sorry for the redundancy guys. I'm just trying to get all the pics under one roof for easy future referencing. We've had most of these pics on the forum before, but never consolidated into one thread.

Thanks for the following pics heelius

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one I think, even for a catwalk outfit, looks great! This is certainly something that can be adapted for sale on the High Street. Hell, I'm sure we can find similar suits on sale anyway and make sure the trousers are the right ones and wear our boots with them!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

More updates. All original photo's are courtesy of heelius. His personal photo is highlighted on Firefox's personal web site. So without further ado,

J.P. Gaultier -- 90's

Posted Image

In my opinion, this top looks similar to the famed Dior Homme striped sweater.

Posted Image

And some more links:

Thanks a million heelius for taking the time to dig through your archives to find the golden bits of Gaultier history!

bluetango--

DawnHH--

vector--

You're welcome. Hopefully we can keep all similar pics under one thread for easy future reference.

Gucci Au/Wi 06/07

Posted Image

Almost every model from this collection was in knee high boots fully exposed.

This is actually not uncommon here. For new years eve, I went to a party in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. If you are not from NYC, Williamsburg is the "too hip for school" neighborhood. It is very cool: european street style abounds, artists everywhere, painters, musicians, photographers, clothing designers, scenesters, walk Bedford Avenue here and you would swear you were in Europe. Anyhow, at the party there was a guy dressed almost exactly like the guy above. I was more intrigued by watching peoples reactions to the guy wearing a skirt. Interesting that there were NO reactions.

Whoa. I've been wearing boots for my whole life (well, I'm 20 :D). Sometimes I got the bad reactions from local townies, but I didn't care. It's VERY nice to see that hopefully men's boots are gonna become mainstream, though here in Poland the new trends become popular with a delay of a few seasons.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!