Runways, Rockers, and Celebrities in heels?

kneehighs

here a vintage pic of Human League (80ties)

"She was working as a waitress in a coctail ba-ar"

love to all

Great find heeluis!

I was a huge fan of human league (still have one cassete around my stuff) but never realised the guys wore heels!

Many many thanks!

Kneehighs, the third one is an impressive shot!

It deserves a poster.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I don't have any pix, but want to put in a good word for Brian May of "Queen". A talented musician and family man, he likes clogs. If they are Bastads, they almost qualify as HH, at nearly three inch heels. Looking forward to Ohio in October, and tnx for those of you who have written to me. I haven't always been able to reply. When I'm not in my 4" Kohl's, I'm in my Bastads (except for an occasional outing in pumps.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how I missed this when it first came out, but Rad Hourani depicted a lot of men in high heels during his Paris Fashion Week show:

Check out the video

His clothing is actually very unisex. It's asexual in a way, since the monochromatic palette abounds, drawing inspiration from neither feminine nor masculine attributes, his style is to be discovered in the texture, geometric eccentricities of the cuts, and anti-establishment attitude.

Very cool stuff. From the video, it looks as if the male models actually share heels with some of the female models.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I don't know how I missed this when it first came out, but Rad Hourani depicted a lot of men in high heels during his Paris Fashion Week show:

Check out the video

Boring. What is this guy, a Doctor? The whole 'show' takes place in a hallway of a hospital! And the Music, if that is what it is.... Gave me a terrible headache after 60 seconds.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

^ bwahahaha, I actually loved the music and found the clothing very inspirational...it's a lot like CDG, Yoji, and Raf Simons. Just goes to show our differences of opinion, that's all. In fact, I can't wait to find out where his Ready To Wear (RTW) line is sold. :o As far as the "hospital" is concerned, it's a minimal background to match a minimal monochromatic style.

^ bwahahaha, I actually loved the music and found the clothing very inspirational...it's a lot like CDG, Yoji, and Raf Simons. Just goes to show our differences of opinion, that's all. In fact, I can't wait to find out where his Ready To Wear (RTW) line is sold. :o

As far as the "hospital" is concerned, it's a minimal background to match a minimal monochromatic style.

Boy, kh, I'm so glad you're here to interpret all of this stuff for us. Actually, it went right over my head. Who would've thunk it? :-?

:cool1::lmao::w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Boy, kh, I'm so glad you're here to interpret all of this stuff for us. Actually, it went right over my head. Who would've thunk it? :o

:-?:lmao::cool1:

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my lol comment. I was laughing at how remarkably Gary's tastes and mine differ.

Regarding Rad's line, his work was actually really well received at both the New York and Paris shows. Admittedly, it's difficult to see the details in the clothes from the video, which is why you might find a visit to his site interesting.

It has a very androgynous appeal as there is little to no sense of masculinity or femininity in the clothing. This is why I found it especially appealing, since the incorporation of heels for women or men would suitably follow. His work transcends gender stereotypes: you don't see strong and wide shoulders for men and you don't see contoured curves for women. It's almost as if he designed his clothing for one sex.

Since he doesn't rely on traditional masculine or feminine attributes to define his clothing line, you can better discern his style through the subtle details: the topography of the torso, the angles, shapes and cuts of the necklines...the oversized vests, the flowing capelines, you have to look at his clothes like you would a work of art.

After all, fashion is art with a utilitarian purpose.

No offense here, kn. Actually, I've never thought that much about fashion. After all, I just have one wife, two daughters and 4 (soon to be 5) granddaughters. And, all of them have black belts in shopping. (even the soon to be, if she's anything like her mother, aunt and grandmother.....) And, have never bothered to examine the world of "fashion" and design that closely. All my married life I've heard "oh, that's so in fashion, this year. :o) (Now, shoes is a different thing :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure this little gem I found today fits in well with the theme of the thread.

Today I was in Dover Street Market in Mayfair, London. For those who don't know, this place is a high end fashion store over 6 levels, featuring various catwalk designers. A fashionista haven so to speak. While me and my OH were tucking into some delicious lunch in the Rose Bakery, we looked at some fashion mags and one of them was the August edition of Dazed and Confused. In there this article caught my eye. Scroll down to the 7th photo and notice what the guy is wearing. Indeed the slant is more fetish than fashion, but I do quite like the androgyny of the photos and there are some positive comments below too.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Thanks for the link . . . those photos are awesome! :o I am completely comfortable recognizing that my love for heels is fetish, not fashion. How cool would it be if fetish became fashionable?! Pony boots anyone? :-? As far as the androgeny thing goes, I guess I just love the look.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I actually agree somewhat. The images are a bit too homoerotic for my taste. Gareth Pugh will now be showcasing his designs at Paris Fashion Week (the most prestigious of all fashion weeks). I wonder if his jump up the hierarchy from London Fashion Week possibly has something to do with his new connection to Karl Lagerfeld.

Over the years, there have been many newspaper articles about men wearing high heels. I would venture to say, most of these articles have put men in heels on the shadowy side of "gender bending." And, as is the case with this article, while they show a nicely dressed man wearing a pair of great looking red stiletto heels, the fact that he's pictured holding a mirror and checking out his "eyebrows" really casts a demeaning aura over the entire report. I understand the stereotypical perception that any man that wears any article of female clothing must be effeminate, therefore they must be pictured using one or more feminine mannerisms, which does, in my opinion, a great injustice to those of us that just like to wear high heels and have no interest in acting or appearing like women.

in my opinion, a great injustice to those of us that just like to wear high heels and have no interest in acting or appearing like women.

I totally agree with you Bubba. Why can't someone do a story of men like us wearing heels in our normal every day environment as just MEN? I believe a lot of these stories are just mocking us!:smile:

real men wear heels

cause its the "problem" of society that gets this stuff, oh, how shall I put it:"stuck in their craw" type of thing the over-all mentality is sadly lacking in maturity, which in my mind is so wide spread, its tragic:penitent: I feel that europeans in general are much more open & therefore "more socially advanced" I'd guess thats how I'd put it.

cause its the "problem" of society that gets this stuff, oh, how shall I put it:"stuck in their craw" type of thing the over-all mentality is sadly lacking in maturity, which in my mind is so wide spread, its tragic:penitent: I feel that europeans in general are much more open & therefore "more socially advanced" I'd guess thats how I'd put it.

Kind of like, if it aint trash, it aint news.

real men wear heels

I totally agree with you Bubba. Why can't someone do a story of men like us wearing heels in our normal every day environment as just MEN? I believe a lot of these stories are just mocking us!:smile:

hey Jonnie,

You are close to Chicago. Write to Jerry Springer, see if he would do a segment on men in Heels.

:thumbsup:

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

hey Jonnie,

You are close to Chicago. Write to Jerry Springer, see if he would do a segment on men in Heels.

:smile:

Bad idea. I suggested it once here only going on Opra. Most agreed that it would probably attract the wrong attention and that we need to just do what we do without all the attention. BTW, older brother lives outside of Chicago about 30 or 40 miles. We go visit there a couple times a year.

real men wear heels