Runways, Rockers, and Celebrities in heels?

kneehighs

• 1 month later...

Does someone know how to convert the PDF file pics of Marjan Pejoski's men in heels pics? I've long had a dream to create a photobucket account for general internet use (all URLS included) that has ALL the men in heels on runways pics in them...in fact, that photobucket account is almost complete now.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, my Adobe Reader has got that nice little feature that lets you copy the marked area to clipboard as a picture. You can paste it to e.g. M$ Paint and save it as a JPG file.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

^ I know its alot of work, but its in the best interest of our entire community....

This is what I have put together so far:

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/Meels_photos/

The idea is to create the worlds most comprehensive URL database of pictures of men in heels. From rockstars, to runways, to streestyle pics, to media advertisements, to celebrities, these URLs will be available to anyone who wishes to use them for their blogs, forums, or personal websites.

The dedicated photobucket account will create a major launch pad for publically promoting our communties best interests--both inside and outside hhplace.org

This is a work in progress as I still have to upload pics of Prince. However, if anyone has any pictures they would like the world to see, please send them to my email address:

You can do this by clicking on my user profile, looking under contact info, and then clicking on "Send a message via email to kneehighs"

And please include as much identifying material as possible. This would include but not be limited to:

--WHO--took the pic i.e. photographer

--WHEN--year pic was taken

--WHERE-- pic was taken (plaza name, concert name etc)

--WHAT--was the reason for the pic? ad, news article, street style pic etc.

Thanks

We're getting there.

Now all we need is a few major retailers with the balls to offer these styles or similar in men's sizes.

Then as a GROUP we can send the above mentioned photobucket account links to the people with the power to "change the world"

We can do email campaigns to shoe manufacturers, Rick Owens, Rui Leonardes, anyone and everyone who wants evidence that there are men who wear heels.

We can send the links to anyone who might have the slightest interest of men in heels.

The links give instant credibility to our community...

Well, no high heels, but I like the look ;). I'd like it more if the boots were knee-high, worn with pants tucked in- they wouldn't seem as bulky (because of high instep) as here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gareth Pugh: London Fashion Designer

Posted Image

ARENA HOMME MAGAZINE: fashion designer Gareth Pugh. Summer/Autumn 2007. Photographer: Solve Sundsbot

Pugh is a somewhat controversial figure on the London Fashion scene. His work has been exhibited at London Fashion Week, by style.com, and by Vogue.

Dare I say Pugh was once quoted as saying, "'I want to do for catsuits what Calvin Klein did for pants.'"

Here is a link to his Myspace page...looks like he is wearing heels in his main pic too.

Bruce Darnell: Famous Catwalk Trainer

Posted Image

Posted Image

Part of Bruce Darnell's job is to actually train runway models how to walk in stilettos! That is a man I envy :smile:

All photo URL's are available for public use at Meels_photos

Found these on the official Sigue Sigue Sputnik web site. Two of the band wore heels namely lead singer Martin Degville and Guitarist Tony James, nice to see that nearly 20 years later they still do!!!

Tony James

Posted Image

Martin Degville (I Think)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love the boots with the pink soles!!!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Your links are messed up. Not anymore -- fixed by moderator.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Great find. Being that we already have a thread that addresses this topic, I wonder if the mods will move it?

As well, I'll go to the site mentioned and upload the pics to the Meels_photos photobucket site, where all the URL's are made available for general public use.

Great find. Being that we already have a thread that addresses this topic, I wonder if the mods will move it?

Moved for you :smile:

Its nice to keep the place tidy so thanks for pointing that out kneehighs

On another note, why isnt anybody using the website gallery?

These photo's can be uploaded to our gallery so we can keep a permanent picture here forever...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Thanks to the mod for moving to appropriate thread and fixing links for me. :-)

I couldnt for the life of me work out why photos were not displaying.

And couldnt find the insert image button - help!! :-(

I remember SSS from the first time around and remember how i wished i could have had a pair of the red /fuchia lace up 6in ankle boots he used to wear regulary on stage, but i was living at home at the time and there is no way i could have kept them a secret from my parents!! Of course now i could get a pair anytime i like now but i discovered many other styles of heels and they got put on the back burner.

Check out youtube where you will be able to see the boots in question when Tony James was interviewed by Terry Wogan!!!

Also Martin Degville had a pair of Zebra print high heel boots (2mins 40 secs) on when he was interviewed for a childrens TV program in the 80's by the actor who played Adrian Mole in an Army and Navy department store in London - surreal!!!

Tony James http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZsdmvteuMM&mode=related&search=

Martin Degville http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAS96P1-ns8

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Found these on the official Sigue Sigue Sputnik web site.

http://www.barney15c.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/SSS/6.jpg

http://www.barney15c.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/SSS/8.jpg

Awesome outfit, the yellow full cut pants, long jacket with pink/purple satin lining and sensational hh boots with the pink soles. Not having heard of that group here in Australia, I did a google. Interesting to read how they were contrived for the look rather than the music. The clothes are great but not sure about the head gear in some of thier videos. Would love to find some hh boots like the ones in the pic in my size, in the meantime I drool!

Eugene Hutz alongside Madonna

I love this picture. While his style isn't the kind I would employ for myself, just look how nonchalant he looks right alongside Mandonna? As if it's just another pair of shoes....

Now, if we could only get these celebrities to learn about each others interests in wearing heels, and reinforce their desire to wear heels based on knowing that other celebs do it, we might get somewhere....

Speaking of Gogol Bordello.... I saw the video for "Start wearing purple" a while back..

Pay particular attention about 6 to 9 seconds into the video... :smile:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

ya i think the guys wearing heels on the runway look like girls sometimes and its not regular looking guys. you dont see guys that work construction up there showing us that guys can wear these heels. i know these type of guys are wearing the heels becuase im one of them.

What I accidentally found today at this forum during a google search on the men in HH topic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a pity that I couldn't find "unmodified" pics... I love the looks! Especially the black shirt & well-tailored tuxedo combo, it looks really sexy and stylish to me. The boots remind me of Dior Homme 6.5cm heels.

brian on the Fashion Spot posted this picture in a thread about Men's Bags:

Posted Image

This isn't Brian himself I believe but this guy is nontheless wearing at least 2" heels and I love the outfit (bag too).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the look. It's quite reminescent of Marjan Pejoski's designs, although it's less extreme. But hey, isn't fashion all about looking for inspirations rather than exact outfit copying?