To professional shoe repairers

Hi, I was just wondering, what are among the thinnest heel tips you've seen? And do they tend to have thin pins as well? I have a pair that 8.5mm (0.335 in) circular in diameter with a 105 pin size (0.105 in pin), is that about as thin as they come or are there thinner? Thanks again for all the previous technical shoe questions. NS2K

the latest breed of heels are now coming in a 095pin & these can be down to heels sizes as small as 5 or 6mm. The 5mm has been fitted to high end designer shoes for a number of years but this year especially this "fine" heel is finding its way into more mainstream footwear. the limiting factor in how small a heel can go is the head of the pin on which the heel tip is fitted, as the head becomes smaller the wearer is more likely to twist the heel tip off the pin as they walk. But basically if you can buy it, it can be repaired! Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Thanks Shoerepairer for your response. Wow 5mm? Where can find shoes of that heel tip-range 5-6mm? I've searched a lot online and offline in malls, but I can't find anything smaller than 8.5mm. If you know, or anyone knows, please let me know a brand name or two. I wonder if it has anything to do with being in the US? It seems like there's some sort of unspoken ban on metal heel tips and thin heels? Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that metal heel tip shoes exist in decent numbers in the UK? Thanks again! NS2K

I can't remember the shoemaker, but one of the more famous designers created a shoe with just about a needle point tip heel. They didn't market it as they were afraid of the injuries caused is someone's foot was stepped on.

I can't remember the shoemaker, but one of the more famous designers created a shoe with just about a needle point tip heel.

They didn't market it as they were afraid of the injuries caused is someone's foot was stepped on.

I'll bet they're real hell on the flooring too. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels