shiny high heeled thigh boots and riding wear

killerheels

You can take a horse to a but you can't make it drink. :smile: However, there are objective criteria which can be used in terms of historical, cultural, artistic and aesthetic reference to form an objective opinion. Some of the opinions expressed in the above are subjective and without grounds. We can't all like the same thing and it would be boring if did. I personally don't like the stable lass thing either. However this isn't that. What can we say objectively? She is dressed in tweed not mucking out stuff; and clearly the boots are not for riding. Therefore some other statement is being made. That statement is clearly a reference to Sacher Masoch. Sexual relations throughout the animal kingdom depend on dominance. Humans are no different. This an image of alpha female. The heels...all heels.. are part of that: it is again as animals mimicking the up on the hocks ready for mating position. Objectively, therefore one can say that heels are meant to be sexy. However subjectively some men may not like them. Some men may not like powerul women, make up, corsets etc. But that is not to say that they are not aesthetically pleasing when well done. This image is well done. As for the question that the boots ruin the classy look I think you may not be familiar with the idea of bricolage in high fashion. This was the original idea of Malcolm Mclarn and Vivienne westwood and has been used subsequently in changing fashion and making it more avant garde. The idea is to juxtopose items from different cultural and historical contexts to create a new look; new statements, new moods. I suggest you buy a copy of his months Vogue (if you have it in Sweden)to see similar thigh boots with outfits you wouldn't normally associate with them: its high class tweeds etc with fetish wear the same as this image which I believe was originally a fashion shoot for a couture label. I like the look; thought others would get it too I apologise to those that don't. It may help fit you look around her site and see what she writes. Look tough and menacing? She is tough and menacing; and very dark.

Trying to look domineering? (tough/menacing?)

The domineering image is definitely enhanced by the camera angle. She looks like she positively towers over the viewer.

Have a happy time!

As for the question that the boots ruin the classy look I think you may not be familiar with the idea of bricolage in high fashion. This was the original idea of Malcolm Mclarn and Vivienne westwood and has been used subsequently in changing fashion and making it more avant garde. The idea is to juxtopose items from different cultural and historical contexts to create a new look; new statements, new moods.

I suggest you buy a copy of his months Vogue (if you have it in Sweden)to see similar thigh boots with outfits you wouldn't normally associate with them: its high class tweeds etc with fetish wear the same as this image which I believe was originally a fashion shoot for a couture label.

You can skip the condescending lecture, buddy. :smile: I wasn't complaining about the thigh high boots as such, but if they wanted to convey an image of sophistication, why choose boots of such a cheap material? They just look plastic and sloppy. There are dozens of other fetish, thigh high boots out there -even in patent- in better quality wich would have suited this photo shoot a lot better.