Shoes Ankle Calf Knee Thigh Boots?

WA10rHeelGuy

What is your main preference of footwear?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main preference of footwear?

• Shoes
    • Ankle Boots
    • Calf Boots
    • Knee High Boots
    • Thigh High Boots

I have voted for knee high boots, but that's not my only preference. It all started for me with heeled slides, as my hhplace name already indicates. And than I discovered my hidden passion for heeled boots. A few years ago I made the next step with buying my first pair of pumps, causing new excitement! And only two months ago, i saw a pair if ankle boots which were so attractive that I could not resist the temptation. My favourites for street heeling right now. So maybe I should have voted for them ? Anyway, my passion for heels is getting more widespread, and it looks like this trend will continue.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

Like others, my screen name says it all. I have tried thigh boots and pumps but neither one is as appealing. This might be because I grew up in the 60's when go go boots were the rage. I have always been primarily looking at ankles, legs and to quote Trace Atkins "honkytonk bedonkadonks". I love the way that knee boots show the leg but sort of hide it also. Team them up with a leather mini skirt and I am in heaven wether looking or wearing. High heel sandals and pumps look good on a woman, but in my opinion,myself and many of us guys don't have the legs to pull off the right look. However, with that being said, looking at some of the avatars that I see here wearing heels pull it off just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy heels which are comfortable! Thus, for lounging around the house, I'm often in a pair of 3" heel clogs or a pair of 4" heel sandals, but on colder days I wear boots. Most of my boots have 4" heels. About half are ankle boots, and the other half are knee-highs.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 months later...

Shoes are my preferred option as I like bare legs and ankles showing...

I have never tried thigh high boots (not brave enough) , I have some knee boots but still far prefer pumps. There is much more variety in shoes than boots as well.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I for one find it humorously ironic in that you wear skirts in public, but aren't brave enough to wear thigh high boots. HA! :unsure:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Jeff, Fair call. I've pondered that myself. I think its because I don't know what I would wear them with, and I imagine it would be a mini skirt and thigh boots.... which in my mind is an image for the 'red light district' .... yet I don't think that a mini skirt and pumps has the same stigma attached to it... sure its a flirty look especially if the pumps are very high but its just not as extreme as thigh boots. I only ever wear my knee boots with trousers/jeans where as my skirts/dresses are worn with shoes/sandals only. I don't see myself wearing jeans/pants with them. Thats just my 'image compass' if you will, others may disagree. Fundamentally my biggest problem is that I don't own a pair of thigh boots! Cheers Heel-Lover

Hi Jeff,

Fair call. I've pondered that myself.

I think its because I don't know what I would wear them with, and I imagine it would be a mini skirt and thigh boots.... which in my mind is an image for the 'red light district' .... yet I don't think that a mini skirt and pumps has the same stigma attached to it... sure its a flirty look especially if the pumps are very high but its just not as extreme as thigh boots.

Perhaps, but that's not the only option. I often wear my thigh boots with tight jeans which makes for a stylish look as you can see here:

Posted Image

And while this is just my opinion, and I'm sure Thighbootguy will back me up on this, I don't see the combination of a miniskirt and thigh boots to be, well, racy or made for the red light district:

Posted Image

Heck, I wore this outfit to the prestigious Philadelphia Museum of Art this past summer, in broad daylight, and no one was shocked:

Posted Image

Of course, fashion is always open to personal interpretation, what might look stylish to me could be seen as tacky to others. I understand that fully.

I only ever wear my knee boots with trousers/jeans where as my skirts/dresses are worn with shoes/sandals only. I don't see myself wearing jeans/pants with them.

Well, wearing knee boots with above the knee skirts or dresses makes for a nice look as well if done correctly:

Posted Image

Fundamentally my biggest problem is that I don't own a pair of thigh boots.

Ah, I see, said the blind man. Well, perhaps you might give them a try sometime. If you do, like myself, you might find yourself wondering why you didn't invest in a pair long ago!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!