Salutations from Pittsburgh, PA

Hiya: just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm a 27-year old dood from Pittsburgh (actually closer to Greensburg in Westmoreland County), AKA Steeler country. I'm a die-hard football fan (gridiron, for those outside the states), love to draw, write, hang out with my buds, camp, drink, work on my computer, and of course shoes. My case is a little peculiar because I'm really only into vintage shoes from the 80's era, like 9 West, Jazz, Sam & Libby, numerous off-beat brands, Wild Pair, etc etc, hence my username. I like heels but also I like flats a lot,.... but heels and boots get the extra nudge. My affection towards shoes started as early as 7 - 9 years old. My memory is a little hazy about actually how it started, but I do remember that my babysitter at the time used to give me her shoes to play with. My mom eventually fired her, though (different reason). Growing up I had a lot of free time, alone, after school since my mom was usually working two jobs to support my brother and I. When I wasn't out playing with my friends,.... yeah, you know where this is going. I still blame my babysitter though. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, I don't know how often I'll post since I only have weekends and the ossacional late night to post (RL always gets in the way), but I'm sure I'll join in some conversations now and then :smile: Thanks all! - WildPair88

Hiya:

just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm a 27-year old dood from Pittsburgh (actually closer to Greensburg in Westmoreland County), AKA Steeler country. I'm a die-hard football fan (gridiron, for those outside the states), love to draw, write, hang out with my buds, camp, drink, work on my computer, and of course shoes.

My case is a little peculiar because I'm really only into vintage shoes from the 80's era, like 9 West, Jazz, Sam & Libby, numerous off-beat brands, Wild Pair, etc etc, hence my username. I like heels but also I like flats a lot,.... but heels and boots get the extra nudge.

My affection towards shoes started as early as 7 - 9 years old. My memory is a little hazy about actually how it started, but I do remember that my babysitter at the time used to give me her shoes to play with. My mom eventually fired her, though (different reason). Growing up I had a lot of free time, alone, after school since my mom was usually working two jobs to support my brother and I. When I wasn't out playing with my friends,.... yeah, you know where this is going. I still blame my babysitter though.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, I don't know how often I'll post since I only have weekends and the ossacional late night to post (RL always gets in the way), but I'm sure I'll join in some conversations now and then :smile:

Thanks all!

- WildPair88

Welcome neighbor.Hubby and I live up here by Massillon Canton area. We are putting together a heel meet in Canton, Beldon Village the 18th of Oct. Would be nice if you could attend.

Hi WildPair88:wave: Glad that you joined us. It appears to me that there are a lot of members of this forum that live in your region. I realize that Penn. is a large state and that it is a "fur piece" between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia but I'm sure there are others that live close to where ever you are. You're amongst friends and we're all looking forward to reading of your adventures and comments on wearing heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hiya, thanks all for the greetings. Gotta admit, it's the first I've ever held even somewhat of a conversation about this aspect of my life with others. Took only what, 20 or so years? It's something I've struggled with for awhile but I've come to accept, I just go with the flow now. As to Wild Pair, you know the funny thing is I've never owned a pair, yet. There's a pair of boots they made in the 80's that I really want, that I got outbid on TWICE on eBay by just a few bucks, in my size too. Next time... :smile: Thanks again for all the replies, and I apologize for not replying sooner. I've been working a lot of overtime trying to get some bills paid down. I'll be posting more often I hope.

Welcome, Wildpair from another Pennsylvanian. I live just south of Lake Erie. I can remember my wife and I buying a pair of matching clogs from the Wildpair store in the Monroeville Mall in the mid 70's. They had some incredible shoes. Wish they were still around...

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I live very near Pittsburgh and have done a lot of heeling there this summer. I have gone to Robinson, South Hills, South Side Works, just to name a few places. In fact, I bought 4 pair of shoes at Bandolino at South Hills Village alone. Great to see another person in the area with an interest in heels...

Style is built from the ground up!