Taller than the men you date?

Amanda

I'm 172 cm barefoot. With shoes on, that makes me taller than a lot of guys. Mostly I find that's a good thing but it makes it harder to find guys to date and I can't bear dating "eye level men". Do you suffer the same?.

This is not a problem I suffer from... I am about 5' 5" barefoot (I have no idea what that is in cm) so even in heels I just barely get close to 6'. When I was dating I always gravitated toward men who were taller than me because men my height or shorter were SHORT. LOL! Ironically however the man I ended up marrying is just a few inches taller than me. That is a good thing if you intend to share shoes though I've found because our feet our exactly the same size. :smile:

• 5 months later...

I am taller than nearly any man I go out with. I used to worry about it and avoided high heels. I eventually gave up worrying about it and wear what I want. I am 6'5" and normally wear a 3 or 4 inch heel. If I go out with a taller guy I will wear higher heels and have two pair that are 6+ inches. I also have one pair that are 8.5 inch. My husband bought them for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I must say, I rather like to date a man who is taller than me, even with my heels on. Because I'm 5'10" that's not easy. But it's not a 'show-stopper'. If he is not and he's fine with that. No problem at all. Also I've heard from guys they find it sexy.

• 1 month later...

I am taller than nearly any man I go out with. I used to worry about it and avoided high heels. I eventually gave up worrying about it and wear what I want. I am 6'5" and normally wear a 3 or 4 inch heel. If I go out with a taller guy I will wear higher heels and have two pair that are 6+ inches. I also have one pair that are 8.5 inch. My husband bought them for me.

You got to teach me how you do that:thumbsup: I'm 6'3" and I complain and cry about my height. All my life I was tomboyish, because people by default would think that I have to be tomboyish, I could never be feminine. But believe it or not, I want to be more feminine

I'm also only 5'3 .. But I'm currently dating a man that is only 5'5 and with my 5inch stiletto's I'm way taller . At first I did not know if I would feel comfortable. But after dancing and having the best time of life with him it went away . He's a very muscular man and a gentleman. And I found out that just because he's short. The other part of him is not :winkiss:. He's a very confident man .. So I guess it only matter how the man you are with, reacts to the height difference ..

I'm only 3-4" shorter than hubby. So in the taller heels I'm taller. Doesn't bother me or him, I'm taller than most men flat footed anyway. Only really makes a difference if you stand side by side and how long do you do that and if so again who cares. I was once shopping and a I heard a girl in a shoe shop say she couldn't were heels because she was tall and worried guys wouldn't be interested. She was shorter than me by a few inches. So in my book not that tall. I just said to her, look at me, look at my 5" heels, look at my husband and look at my smile. You only get this life once, go for it. She then bought her self some heels. Regards Shane