are nylons okay with opened toed high heel sandals?

audreyk

I'm actually thinking of wearing sheer black stockings with a pair of strappy sandals and am not sure what people this of this look. I've usually avoided nylons with opened toed heels, but I've seen some people pull it off. What do you think?

I am in no way a fashion expert... But I'll say what I think looks good. I think some sheer-to-toe tan color nylons can work with sandals nicely. Not sure how the sheer black will look, but perhaps with the right outfit overall, it might work still. Some pictures of what you are planning will help. :smile:

If the colour is not clashing with your shoes then by all means go for it. My only word of caution with strappy sandals and hosiery is practicality. You will slide in the sandal much more than normal. The higher the heels the more you will slide out the front of the sandal....bare legs in sandals are better for two reasons, less slippage and you can show some colour on your toes. Hosiery is a real nuisance if you are walking quite a bit - or are on your feet for some time...in open toed sandals. Whatever your choices... I hope you have fun doing it! Heel-Lover

oh god! YES! simple math: sexy sandle = sexy well groomed feet = sexy black stockings = sexy add them together, and you can attract EVERY eye in the room. male and female, alike. can't go wrong with black hose, unless they're over your head.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

I think it depends on the color of the Sandals. If they are black then stockings look great, if they're not black then it can look weird, like if they were white or gold shoes or something that would look wrong. Black stockings are ALWAYS sexy! Bob.

Agree I think it all depends on the colour of sandle and the colour of the dress or skirt. Of course you wouldn't wear a very dark hose with lite dress/skirt and sandles but a darker dress/skirt and sandles would look fine with darjer hose. Maybe something to draw the eye like a classic looking stocking with darker toe and a seame up the back could really work

simple math:

sexy sandle = sexy

well groomed feet = sexy

black stockings = sexy

add them together, and you can attract EVERY eye in the room. male and female, alike.

can't go wrong with black hose, unless they're over your head.

I completely agree, especially with the over the head part:silly:. Typically I wear nylons/tights with most everything but then that is my name and to me they just go together.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

If the colour is not clashing with your shoes then by all means go for it.

My only word of caution with strappy sandals and hosiery is practicality. You will slide in the sandal much more than normal. The higher the heels the more you will slide out the front of the sandal....bare legs in sandals are better for two reasons, less slippage and you can show some colour on your toes.

Hosiery is a real nuisance if you are walking quite a bit - or are on your feet for some time...in open toed sandals.

Whatever your choices... I hope you have fun doing it!

Heel-Lover

Heel-lover...

This is very good advice and I agree with you. It sounds like you are basing this on your experience and I can definitely identify with this.