Higher Heels for Men?

Heel_Boy

Now when I have seen girls in 3" heels they look just right but 4" heels just look Super sexy and command that extra attension. Now when it comes to men wearing heels do you find we have to go for a higher heel to even out the extra lengh of the shoe? What I mean is a Girls high heel shoe in size 3-6 with a 3" heel looks right but a Mens high heel shoe in size 8-9 with a 3" heel looks low. Do people agree with that or do you tend to go for the higher heel for that extra something?

Now when I have seen girls in 3" heels they look just right but 4" heels just look Super sexy and command that extra attension.

Now when it comes to men wearing heels do you find we have to go for a higher heel to even out the extra lengh of the shoe?

What I mean is a Girls high heel shoe in size 3-6 with a 3" heel looks right but a Mens high heel shoe in size 8-9 with a 3" heel looks low.

Do people agree with that or do you tend to go for the higher heel for that extra something?

My wife likes me in 4" heels or higher because they make me taller. I'm only 5'6" and she is 5'2". She wears an 8 and I wear a 9. I don't own any heels lower than 3" and most are 4" or higher. Personally, I like the stack 4" heel. I think it's more masculine and shows stability.

real men wear heels

When I see a pair of heels that are obviously smaller in size, but the styling is to die for, I'd like to think I can get that exact look in my larger size. However, many heels are made with the reference to the height of the heel, instead of the slope of the instep or sole. So, you may purchase the same brand name in your size, but chances are the heel height will remain close to the same as the smaller size and the look of the shoes will have flatten to accommodate your larger shoe size. To me that is a real gyp, because it is not the same look that was first admired. So, if having a shorter appearance in the length of your foot is important, than you will have to get the higher heel. Of course, then you'll have to practice so that your walking won't look unnatural for that height.

I agree, because of the larger feet on men (on average), that a 3" heel almost doesn't feel or look much like a heel. All of my street heels are 3.5" - 4.5" and are somewhat discreet looking. My older at home heels (pre-street heeling) are 5"+ but I don't seem to be that interested in them anymore, I guess since I have been having too much fun being in public with heels this past year, and I can't imagine myself going street heeling in 5-6" stilettos.

I agree I'm a uk size 10 and my 5" heels don't look that high, the slope of my foot looks similar to what you see women wearing in town for example. Its not until I get to 6" that they start to look high, and to have the front of my foot vertical would need 7.5" heels but unfortunately my ankles are not flexible enough:mecry: What does my head in is when you look on ebay, and the pic shows a towering heel which looks really sexy, and then the description says size uk 11 and 4 " heel. The heels that arrive would look nothing like the pic,What a con

• 3 weeks later...

I agree also, I have two stepdaughters at home, the youngest has a similar style to mine (but open toe) she is 14yrs, size 4, I'm size 7/8 same height heel but the angle is so steep and she looks sooooo good in them. We haven't compared by the way, also they are not aware. Rule No1 will be not in front of the kids - untill the next showing of "the rocky horror show" maybe??

I like to go for the gold, so to speak. Nearly all my heels are 4" or higher, with a few around 3 1/2". Anything less than that does not feel like a high heel.

I regularly go out and about in 4" heels, and few people seem concerned.

It makes me feel taller.

All of my high heels are 4" and higher...no exceptions. The higher the heel the more comfortable I am because of my narrow, high-arched feet. Wearing high heels sure beats wearing orthopedic shoes like I had to wear when I was a child.

The shortest heels I own ar 4". The majority are 5" stilletos. I wore a pair of red 5" stilletos to the hotel bar tonight. I found out the barmaid has a shoe fetish and loves my patent red pumps.

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

For me, I have never really thought about it until I started wearing women's jeans. When I buy a pair of heels, I buy them for the style more than the height. My shoes collection ranges from 2 inch heels to 5 inch with a platform. In fact, recently most of my purchases have been in the 3 inches or less category. But when I wear women's jeans with a long or tall inseam, for them to work right I really need to wear my taller shoes or the hem of the jeans will drag the ground. I know that women who are tall often wear less of a heel with their jans and the only thing I can figure is that a woman with a size 7 or 8 foot, gets a lot more "lift" from their heel than I do with a size 11 or 12. But its just a theory anyway...

Style is built from the ground up!