Hello

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I found it quite by chance while looking for some new shoes. My ex had quite a thing for high heels and he bought me a few pairs while we were together. I had hardly ever worn them before, I am very tall (6'2") so, always wore flats, trying to hide my height. But, the ex boyfriend did start to give me the confidence to wear them (and he loved me looking so tall) and they do make me feel different (if that makes sense). I want to start to wear heels more often but, have no idea where or, how to start developing this budding interest. However, I find my feet start to kill me after just a few minutes in high heels...:smile: Any help and advice will be very, very appreciated. Becca

Hi Becs! Welcome to hhplace. Some of our members would say that tall girls are just so much sexier in heels. Perhaps your feet are sore because you're not wearing the right size? Or, your ankles aren't used to flexing to the degree that heels make them flex? Anyway, there are many, many members here that will be willing to advise you on what shoes to chose and how to wear them. Once again, welcome and we're looking forward to reading your coments and of your experiences. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi and welcome to HH Place, enjoy your stay The best way to break in not only a new pair of shoes but your feet as well to heels is to try on as many pairs as you can in a self service style shop, try and sick to a sub 3" heel to start with. Then when your at home even just sitting watching TV or on the computer wear them, work up from 10mins to 15mins to 30mins then to a hour, before you know it your will not only have broken in the shoes but also given your feet a chance to get the feel of a heeled shoe. Only once you have broken the hour try doing a short outing in them, don't forget to a comfortable pair in a bag just incase :smile: Things like 'party feet' which are like gel soles you can get for heels to make your feet more comfortable, there are plenty of things on the maket to help you. Before you know it your be wearing a sexy pair or 3" heels and be dancing the night away in them :thumbsup:

Heya There Ms. Becs and WELCOME. :smile: I had pleasure many years ago working with a Lovely "Gentle Giant" myself, was somewhere between 5-11 & 6-1 and always in 3 or 4 inch Heels or Boots. Latter was always with Skirts or Dresses, exception was Under ( :'-{ ) Jeans for those "On-Call" run-ins to the office in colder weather.

Boots Rock!!!!

Hi Becs and welcome. My question for you: What about the height of the men you date? Are you comfortable wearing heels if the man is already shorter than you? I'm relatively short (5'7") but I prefer ladies who are taller than me. I've found that some don't have a problem but many do.

Welcome Becs to HHP. I love seeing a tall woman in high heels. I hope you will share some pictures of yourself in the future. I agree with some of the other posts that you just need to find the right fit for your high heels and wear them every day to get used to the. Good luck to you and welcome again.

Greetings Becs 39! Welcome to HHplace, I thought I was tall too, just under 6'/180cm. But I have seen some women in North America at your height look really good in heels, 3-4 inch heels. Plus as you mentioned, you also gain in confidence and other areas of one's life. They are a boost for sure. Finding sizes 8-9UK is pretty easy but if you are larger in size it will a good shopping challenge. Hope all goes well. Mtnsofheels